Short Trips around Kentucky

BirchHill

goat farmer
Thanks for the comments! The roads in the gorge are a mixture of county roads which vary from paved to a dirt trail, forest service roads which are almost always highly maintained gravel and private roads which are often on oil leased land and can vary from maintained to rock crawler status. One place to start is MVUM put out by forest service. It list legal use and seasonal use of roads controlled by forest service. http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/dbnf/maps-pubs/?cid=stelprdb5276511 Another source is the Kentucky Atlas and Gazetteer. It contains topo information as well as all kinds of swigly lines that beg to be explored. Many of the roads are on google maps and most gps units. Hope that helps.

scramfan01

Adventurer
Explore Kentucky

You have done an incredible job writing this thread. I too, am a native Kentuckian and I got chills reading of your ancestry, and thinking of mine. I have traveled the world, my heart has always been in Kentucky. We probably don't live too far apart. I'm in central KY, in the Salt River / Taylorsville Lake area. Some of our favorite places to explore are the Red River Gorge, Waynesburg, Big South Fork, and Land between the Lakes. Thanks for the little trip in my mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne