New ArkPak?

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Any plans for intro special pricing for forum members? Interested in the 730.

Hi Socal80

great question to ask my reply is an unfortunate no at this stage the reason being is even thou we have a large shipment coming in very soon approx delivery window is from 28/08/2015 to the 04/09/2015 and we have a 2nd shipment behind that approx 8 to 12 weeks away we fear that we may not be able to keep up with demand when the first shipment arrives as we have quiet a lot of back orders and comitted orders.

but if this does change rest assured that i will post it up in all the threads that i monitor.

Regards

Brett from Ark

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT ARKPAKS- AP730 AND AP715

Hi to all following this thread

i just wanted to advise we have some important product information related to the 2 new models that are coming out soon

the release date window is approx 28/08/2015 to the 04/09/2015 and at this stage its looking more like the the 28/08/2015 it may even be earlier it all depends on how the shipment tracks and hoping there are no delays.

also we have confirmation on pricing of both models it is listed below

AP730US WILL BE AN MSRP OF $ 449.00 USD

AP715US WILL BE AN MSRP OF $ 329.00

if anyone has anymore questions please ask.

Regards

Brett from Ark

MMEZA

Texas Explorer
Charging the new ARK-PAK 730

I read that the Arkpak 730 can only be charged up with either 12 volts or 220 volts AC. Is this correct or will I be able to plug it into the wall receptacle at home. Please advise. Thank you.

ard21

mmeza : here's the respond I got from Salesrep at ArkPak :

Hi Alain

Thank you for noticing this it is an error and will be available in the 110v for use in the USA

Regards

Sales team

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
I read that the Arkpak 730 can only be charged up with either 12 volts or 220 volts AC. Is this correct or will I be able to plug it into the wall receptacle at home. Please advise. Thank you.

Hi MMEZA

this is a error on the page and it has now been fixed, i can confirm the AP715 and AP730 will work on USA 110 Volt home power point.

Regards

Brett from Ark

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
mmeza : here's the respond I got from Salesrep at ArkPak :

Hi Alain

Thank you for noticing this it is an error and has already been fixed up, both the AP715 and AP730 will be available in the 110v for use in the USA

Regards

Sales team

Hi Ard21

yes you are correct and thank you for bringing it to our attention, i can confirm it has now been fixed and shows the correct voltage of 110 volts, i also want to make sure you know that the AP715 and AP730 will work with USA 110 volt home power points with no problem.

Regards

Brett from Ark

kewilso3

Being uneducated on this type of thing, I have a couple questions-

1- Is a 110v wall charger included with the 730?
2- Can I wire solar panels to plug into the 24v charge port on the side, avoiding the need for a separate charge controller for the panels?

Sorry if I'm missing the obvious, Thanks

RawC

Kewilso3

I'm a recent purchaser of the 730 and the recipient of about 10,000 "reply" emails from "Brett" at ArkPak. I'll say this for them, their customer service has been 2nd to NONE in my book. A 110v wall charger DOES come with the purchase of a 730. I've been asking Brett a lot of questions recently as I'm having my Jeep Wrangler wired up for various recharging options with solar being one of them. From what I understand the "smart charger" system with the ArkPak will ONLY work with either the wall charger or their 12v adapter (also included in the purchase). Unless your battery has its own internal "Battery Management System" (BMS) then you will indeed need some type of charge controller to keep from overcharging the battery. I mention the BMS feature because I purchased the 730 because it can now be used with LiFePO4 (lithium) battery technology which does come with it's own BMS contained within the battery. I haven't gotten to the solar wiring yet however I believe the BMS will perform the same function as the charge controller. Solar wiring should be completed within the next 2 weeks (looking for the appropriate external vehicle "port" for the wiring). Brett or someone at ArkPak will have to comment on the 24v charge port on the side comment. I'm not familiar with what you're referring to. Both vehicle recharging and AC charger that I've wired up already are connecting through the Anderson port which is "...on the side..." of the pak. However, so are the pos/neg terminals (opposite ends of the pak). I'm wiring my solar through the pos/neg terminals. Hope that helps

kewilso3

Thank you for the information. I was referring to the port circled here:

arkpak-ap-730-1_zpsuyuloasc.jpeg

I can just wire in a controller if need be, but was hoping to have something halfway portable, and reducing clutter is a priority for me. I'm annoyed that this all-in-one type product has a charge controller built in that you can't use to charge by solar. Anyway, I need to do more research and maybe I'll be able to answer my own questions.

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Being uneducated on this type of thing, I have a couple questions-

1- Is a 110v wall charger included with the 730?
2- Can I wire solar panels to plug into the 24v charge port on the side, avoiding the need for a separate charge controller for the panels?

Sorry if I'm missing the obvious, Thanks

Hi Kewilso3

just wanted to confirm a few things for you.

1- a 110v wall charge is included for home charging and also a DC to DC car charger for use in your car is also included in the purchase price.

2- no you can not do this thru the 24 input plug located on the left hand side, when charging via solar panels you must always use your own voltage regulator or charge controller to protect the battery and you can connect up to the Arkpak in 3 ways via the external terminals on the left hand side via the Anderon plug on the right hand side and even connecting directly to the battery if you like.

i hope the above information has been helpful

Regards

Brett from Ark

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Kewilso3

I'm a recent purchaser of the 730 and the recipient of about 10,000 "reply" emails from "Brett" at ArkPak. I'll say this for them, their customer service has been 2nd to NONE in my book. A 110v wall charger DOES come with the purchase of a 730. I've been asking Brett a lot of questions recently as I'm having my Jeep Wrangler wired up for various recharging options with solar being one of them. From what I understand the "smart charger" system with the ArkPak will ONLY work with either the wall charger or their 12v adapter (also included in the purchase). Unless your battery has its own internal "Battery Management System" (BMS) then you will indeed need some type of charge controller to keep from overcharging the battery. I mention the BMS feature because I purchased the 730 because it can now be used with LiFePO4 (lithium) battery technology which does come with it's own BMS contained within the battery. I haven't gotten to the solar wiring yet however I believe the BMS will perform the same function as the charge controller. Solar wiring should be completed within the next 2 weeks (looking for the appropriate external vehicle "port" for the wiring). Brett or someone at ArkPak will have to comment on the 24v charge port on the side comment. I'm not familiar with what you're referring to. Both vehicle recharging and AC charger that I've wired up already are connecting through the Anderson port which is "...on the side..." of the pak. However, so are the pos/neg terminals (opposite ends of the pak). I'm wiring my solar through the pos/neg terminals. Hope that helps

Hi RawC

Thank you for sharing your experience and information with others, your example is spot on about activating the smart charging system, it is only activated by the AC home charger that is included and also the DC car charger that is also include with the purchase of the Ark Pak.

and as for your questions about the Ark Pak i am always happy to help you and give as much impartial upfront honest advice as i can to help you build the best set up for your specific use.

Good luck with the build up cant wait to see the finished results with some photos when you have the time.

safe travels

Regards

Brett from Ark

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Thank you for the information. I was referring to the port circled here:

arkpak-ap-730-1_zpsuyuloasc.jpeg

I can just wire in a controller if need be, but was hoping to have something halfway portable, and reducing clutter is a priority for me. I'm annoyed that this all-in-one type product has a charge controller built in that you can't use to charge by solar. Anyway, I need to do more research and maybe I'll be able to answer my own questions.

Hi Kewilso3

the answer to your question just so we are all on the same page is no you can not do what you want to do with the solar panels.

this input socket is the AC home charge and DC car charge only it will not work with solar input at all.

to get solar input working you must do this via 3 ways, via the external terminals on the left hand side, 2 via the Anderson plus on the right hand or 3 going directly to the battery.

please also remember that when using solar panels you must always ensure you have a charge controller or voltage regulator to protect your battery from being over charged.

if you have more questions please ask, i hope the above information has helped you out.

Regards

Brett from Ark

vision-quest

Observer
Is anyone able to explain to me the differences between one of these systems as a dual battery (to charge phones/laptops/ARB fridge) vs a installed dual battery system in the vehicle? I'm getting crazy quotes (around $1800 to install a proper dual battery system in my 4Runner) and this seems like a much cheaper alternative (maybe around $750 after buying the battery?). Also, how does one charge the Arkpak? If I have it all the way up the back with the fridge, do I have to run a cable to the cigarette lighter all the way at the front to charge?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior