Old's Cool

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Got pumped...found a local guy selling an '87 with under 90K miles, on eBay of all places. Ends up selling it for $10k. I don't know what to think anymore haha.

It's time to move on from old yotas....to old troopers, mitsubishis, nissans, and mazdas :smiley_drive:

philndz

Adventurer
I love seeing the vintage trucks on the road and especially in the back-country. It's probably why I've been preserving a sub-100k-mile 1997 5-spd 4runner SR5 for the last 7 years. It was a cherry when I picked it up in 2010-ish, and been in storage for the most part since then. I take it out periodically to maintain it, drive it, or just fiddle with it. I hope it can one day be one of those really clean 30+yr old trucks that I enjoy seeing now. In an age of progressively more complex, complicated and DIY-unfriendly vehicles, it feels rewarding to be keeping an old-school truck for future enjoyment. Friends and acquaintances have attempted to talk me out of it with some very tempting financial offers, but I'm pretty sentimental about it and really want to drive it through the Americas some day.
IMG_20170111_162242_228_zpsqnkmpvxr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Laxaholic

Adventurer
I love seeing the vintage trucks on the road and especially in the back-country. It's probably why I've been preserving a sub-100k-mile 1997 5-spd 4runner SR5 for the last 7 years. It was a cherry when I picked it up in 2010-ish, and been in storage for the most part since then. I take it out periodically to maintain it, drive it, or just fiddle with it. I hope it can one day be one of those really clean 30+yr old trucks that I enjoy seeing now. In an age of progressively more complex, complicated and DIY-unfriendly vehicles, it feels rewarding to be keeping an old-school truck for future enjoyment. Friends and acquaintances have attempted to talk me out of it with some very tempting financial offers, but I'm pretty sentimental about it and really want to drive it through the Americas some day.
IMG_20170111_162242_228_zpsqnkmpvxr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I have a similar 97' 5spd, in white. Could you send me the link for your front light bar, i really like it.

philndz

Adventurer
It was years ago, and I'm not sure if they still exist or make these. It was defianttruckproducts.com, but that seems to redirect to another company now and I don't see these bars on the site.

GoodEnoughforGabe

Adventurer
The car I bought at age 15, before I even had a drivers license, was a 1996 Maroon-Lesbian-Red Subaru Outback with a blown headgasket. I replaced the engine with my dad in the garage over the period of about 6 months and got er running. She wasn't pretty and definitely wasn't a panty dropper at school but she got me places (sometimes). I overheated that engine more than a handful of times, because who knew, the "lightly used" engine we ordered from Japan (they have strict emissions requirements) had a blown head gasket too! It was a complete piece of ****, but it sparked my interest for just getting out there, to the mountains, to camp, hike, and enjoy the great outdoors. After about 2 years sold it to the dealership and got more for it then I paid for it, and got myself a Gen 1 Tundra. No pics of the Subaru, but you all know that Lesbian-Maroon color on the outback wagon, yeah that was the one.

Crenshaw

Adventurer
Hell yeah- much love for the e30! I've had a handful. This one is mostly rallyx and winter beater duty but still goes mountain biking and camping fairly regularly. It's too bad they're falling prey to the same pricing/demand shenanigans as the older Toyota trucks. Years ago you could find decent e30s for $1k all over the place- not so much anymore...

I dig that this thread is straying from the Toyota dirtbaggers and branching out into other substandard vehicles!

IMG_0726-M.jpg

File_001-L.jpg

File_000-L.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz