2011 Nissan Frontier Pro 4x Build

jhberria

Adventurer
BrianJames, where do you plan on camping? I'm exploring options now in my internal struggle to justify making the trip.

skibum315

Explorer
Just make sure you research and follow the BLM regs on dispersed camping (they have exclusions on some of the more well traveled roads) - and know the administration of the place you happen to wind up ... I've heard rumors that they're actually enforcing the camping regs and issuing citations to violators this week, during EJS. Now, GONE isn't nearly as big as EJS, so there may be a bit more leeway; but we don't want to give BLM or anyone else any reason to poke at access any more than they have ... not that you guys would, I know I'm preaching to the choir, just wanting to give the heads-up.

If you're not too worried about the comfort level, I've had several recommendations to try Area BFE for unimproved camping ... might be worth checking with them for availability, since they're private and administer their own land.

I think all Nissan folk should hit GONE at least once, just be prepared to experience the trails in larger groups than you might otherwise be used to ... it's a great event and the camaraderie can't be beat. For lodging, the other option is a condo at either Rim Village or Rim Vista ... VRBO administers a bunch of them, and there are other places to book as well ... if you can find a way to split it amongst a group, they can actually work out to be quite reasonable on a per person per night basis. Plus they have the added benefit of being the place where a large number of attendees stay, so there's always informal night-time/evening goings on (and help wrenching, if it becomes necessary).

bijanjames

Adventurer
New Additions

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Got the Maxtrax mounted and through a Trasharoo on as well. Installed a Uniden Bearcat 980 CB and put the antenna on the bumper. Also got my ARB compressor in the mail. Going to mount the compressor along with a dual battery setup next month. Coming along!

mattsavage

Observer
Why not a Flippac in the meantime?

The new AT Adventure Tacoma Habitat, with the key word being Tacoma...obviously will not be available for our trucks for quite sometime. After seeing E.J's Dirty Nismo sporting a CVT RTT on my exact setup (U.S. rack over soft topper) my mind was made up. My only concern is the current mounting of my rack only uses the soft topper rails for bracing and I'm not sure if that will be enough support. E.J went a step further and mounted 1/4" grade 5 bolts through the top of the bed railing. I'm apprehensive about drilling in the bed rail, but it might be my only choice...Anyway I'm excited about the huge cost savings of this setup but disappointed with AT Adventure Trailers. They weren't up front with me for the last 18 months about what trucks they were designing the Habitat for. Mario never mentioned that it was going to be Tacoma only on initial production...

Anyway I took the soft topper off today to get a better look at the bed rails and snapped some pics. It's amazing how different the truck looks with the bed naked.
View attachment 332726View attachment 332727

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Awesome little additions, as expected. That's a really nice looking CB, might have to look into that one.

Where's the compressor going?

bijanjames

Adventurer
Leaking OME Strut

Leaking Strut.jpgLeaking Strut 2.jpg
Passenger side OME strut is losing fluid. I contacted Nisstec and they said that some fluid loss is normal, really? The driver side is dry as a bone. Anyway, I'm having them install the ARB compressor in a couple of weeks and they said that they will look at it to see if its a warranty issue. The coils only have 8,000 easy miles on them. Anyone else have this issue? The fluid seems to be pooling at the bottom of the spring and on the lower control arm. I had a mechanic look at it today and he confirmed that it was coming from the shock. I'm trying to get the truck squared away for goneMoab!

jhberria

Adventurer
Did you have to relocate anything to fit the compressor in front of the air box? I'm thinking an ARB is going to be my next purchase, and can't figure out where I want to mount it. It doesn't help that I suck at wiring......

bijanjames

Adventurer
Did you have to relocate anything to fit the compressor in front of the air box? I'm thinking an ARB is going to be my next purchase, and can't figure out where I want to mount it. It doesn't help that I suck at wiring......

Chris, at Nisstec, thought that the horn might have to be relocated but that didn't end up being the case. It fits in that location perfectly. Another advantage of that location in the engine bay is that it is cool and gets plenty of air.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior