2011 Nissan Frontier Pro 4x Build

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Looking good man! I love that bumper. Makes you feel pretty well protected seeing that big steel tubing in front of you. I really like the look you're getting with the softopper too. Expo chic haha!

Let me know what you think of that winch, I'm looking at getting the same one.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
I love the Frontiers! Totally underrated .... What's the load capacity? Could you put a hardshell camper in it without being overloaded?

Mo4130

Adventurer
Load capacity is 1400 ish pounds I believe?? Go with on of the feather weight options from 4wd campers

bijanjames

Adventurer
I love the Frontiers! Totally underrated .... What's the load capacity? Could you put a hardshell camper in it without being overloaded?
It's actually 1,150 for a pro4x crew cab (1,400 for 2wd extend cab 4 cylinder) and that's really all the factory springs could handle. I'm going to be getting AT's new version of the flippac installed, talked to them a few weeks ago and they are going to debut it next month. Mario says they addressed all the issues with the flippac in their version, but weight should still be around 300lb. The HD springs most definitely need weight on them. I'm sure once I get the rear bumper installed along with the topper it will settle nicely.

Last edited:

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Oh man, I'm pretty stoked to see what this baby looks like when it's all said and done. No worries, just slice that sheet metal eh?

The things we do for departure angle :D

bijanjames

Adventurer
Oh man, I'm pretty stoked to see what this baby looks like when it's all said and done. No worries, just slice that sheet metal eh?

The things we do for departure angle :D

Yeah, cutting sheet metal on a newer truck can be a tough call. I trust Chris, and he's cut a lot of sheet metal. In the end you get much more protection, departure angle, and versitility. I'm curious on what the overall weights going to be. It will be setup to hold two 5 gallon jerry cans, a high lift, and spare tire.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Yeah, cutting sheet metal on a newer truck can be a tough call. I trust Chris, and he's cut a lot of sheet metal. In the end you get much more protection, departure angle, and versitility. I'm curious on what the overall weights going to be. It will be setup to hold two 5 gallon jerry cans, a high lift, and spare tire.

I'd say approximately heavy as hell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles