2011 Nissan Frontier Pro 4x Build

bijanjames

Adventurer
That looks pretty slick. I haven't seen many people run a RTT with a softopper. Truck is really coming together!

Can't wait to finally see it in person. Should be a great time watching you wheel it.

I'm looking forward to it too! I just hope the RTT doesn't rip the rack off it's mounts...

bijanjames

Adventurer
Your rig is looking awesome! How did you end up attaching that lightbar btw?

Thanks Dmski. I mounted the light bar through the existing fog light tabs in the ARB, I then used plastic extensions to drop it low enough to clear the upper bar.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
I'm looking forward to it too! I just hope the RTT doesn't rip the rack off it's mounts...

I'm sure you'll be just fine. Yeah, the rack mounting feet may seem a bit concerning, but remember there are 4 mounts per side. That means there's only a little over 26 lbs being held up by each of the mounting feet. That's not bad at all. Per US Rack's website, the load rating for one crossbar is 125 lbs. That gives an overall dynamic load rating of 250 lbs. You're 40 lbs under that limit with only the RTT, so I think that's a pretty darn safe margin for error. Even with some sleeping stuff up there you're still within the load limits. Heavy offroading will put more stress on it, but according to their test results, the rack didn't bend until about 600 lbs of force was applied. I think you'll be pretty safe.

Static loads will be fine too. Less movement, less stress, and the RT ladder is supporting a huge chunk of the weight.

bijanjames

Adventurer
I'm sure you'll be just fine. Yeah, the rack mounting feet may seem a bit concerning, but remember there are 4 mounts per side. That means there's only a little over 26 lbs being held up by each of the mounting feet. That's not bad at all. Per US Rack's website, the load rating for one crossbar is 125 lbs. That gives an overall dynamic load rating of 250 lbs. You're 40 lbs under that limit with only the RTT, so I think that's a pretty darn safe margin for error. Even with some sleeping stuff up there you're still within the load limits. Heavy offroading will put more stress on it, but according to their test results, the rack didn't bend until about 600 lbs of force was applied. I think you'll be pretty safe.

Static loads will be fine too. Less movement, less stress, and the RT ladder is supporting a huge chunk of the weight.

The feet are bolted to the bed as well as secured by the soft topper its self. The only thing that could case the racks to shift is the momentum of the tent as it is swayed from side to side off road. We will find out soon enough!!

bijanjames

Adventurer
IMG_3919.JPGIMG_4158.JPGIMG_4056.JPGIMG_4059.JPGIMG_3931.JPGIMG_3933.JPGIMG_4008.JPGIMG_3925.JPG
Just a few pictures of the trip we did with Wreck as we patiently await his post continuation! Mostly of our new RTT, which we love!

Last edited:

bijanjames

Adventurer
IMG_4252.jpg
Mounted a limited edition OD Green Krazy Beaver shovel on the U.S. Rack. They only made 17 in this color and I got the last one! I think they are going to do one more batch in a few weeks. They also did a limited run of all black, which I think also looks great.

bijanjames

Adventurer
IMG_4287 (1).jpg
The Frontier is 5 years old this month. Quite the transformation. I never thought I'd get anything other than a Toyota, I'm glad I listened to my brother and gave the Nissan a test drive.

WKexpedition

Built, not bought!
Quite the transformation, indeed! Great example of what a Nissan can be!! Hope it keeps giving you many years of fun and adventure.

travhale

Observer
Great build, and looks like you've already gotten some moneys worth out of all that armor. I would have gone with a 33in tire, however. Hope you get years of enjoyment out of it.

Mo4130

Adventurer
Great build, and looks like you've already gotten some moneys worth out of all that armor. I would have gone with a 33in tire, however. Hope you get years of enjoyment out of it.

The stock tire size equates to roughly a 32.6 inch tire. In the maxxs, it most likely is a c hair over 33.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camshaft700