Website to Purchase Tent / camping gear that ships FPO/APO

Mallrat

Observer
So in my most recent move to Germany we packed out ALL of our family camping gear as we thought our apartment wouldnt have the storage. Now I'm stationed in Germany and would really like to get my hands on a 6 person Kodiak Canvas Tent, but I can't find a vendor that will ship to APO. Any help from the masses? On the flip side, this is a good time to slowly acquire some better equipment than the Walmart special stuff I typically used.:ylsmoke:

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
amazon, sierra trading company, REI i believe

I tell you what though. As someone who had to deal with that **** (prior USAF stationed in japan a few years back) Send me a message and ill see if i can help you middle man style

LocoCoyote

World Citizen
for the most part I have given up on buying in the US and shipping to Germany....it's just too expensive (don't forget to consider that the Zoll will most likely capture your package and require payment of a tax before releasing it...13.3%??? not sure what it is at the moment...but of course APO doesn't have this problem, but there you run into size and weight issues)

These days I will usually buy local. http://www.woick.de/outdoor-shop/ and http://www.lauche-maas.eu are the two I use the most and I highly recommend.

Last edited:

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
"Walmart special stuff I typically used. "

Your gona get wet in europe if you buy anything that quality !

slvyj

Observer
You might have a problem shipping the tent if it weighs over 75lbs. REI is great for shipping to APO plus Cabelas and BassPro.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Mallrat

Observer
sounds like a solid plan.. I know that's how Rebel Offroad is treating my life thankfully.. They have the King Coilovers in one box and the UCA and add a leaf in another.

I appreciate the offer on going middle man for me. Im still doing a good bit of research but with Germany being the way it is, I really want to ground camp and not go RTT right now.

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
sounds like a solid plan.. I know that's how Rebel Offroad is treating my life thankfully.. They have the King Coilovers in one box and the UCA and add a leaf in another.

I appreciate the offer on going middle man for me. Im still doing a good bit of research but with Germany being the way it is, I really want to ground camp and not go RTT right now.
i had to deal with it doing a lift kit and bumpers and stuff on my JK when i was in Japan. pain in my ***

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior