Packasport system 115 fiberglass roof cargo box. Huge and cheap.

Abe Froman

Adventurer
Location Cardiff (NCSD) price $120
Hey all.
I have a (very) used packasport system 115 fiberglass roof box.
Needs new lock and key and a seal, both cheap from packasport.
That said, it has all mounting hardware and the clasps work, so this is a function box right now.
Scratches commiserate with age and use.

My plan was to do some easy, sleazy scratch fill and then paint with bedliner.
You could do the same.
Or. You could get all Gucci and do what outside van did with "brown pow" and paint to
match.
Or you could use it the way it is and beat the hell outta it.
You can fit anything in here even short boards.
These boxes make yakima, thule, and inno look like the cheap,flimsy crap they are.

Only selling because we now own a sprinter with a sportsmobile penthouse and that junky top cannot handle the weight.
Also, it is huge and I have it in my storage unit that I pay for every month and I want to get crap outta there.
I can take some ipad photos this weekend. My real camera is having issues loading the photos. Let's call it fair condition.

$120 pretty firm.
These are $1100 new.
This one isn't new, but certainly is worth 15% of MSRP
Trades- I will trade this for really good (.fcs, da kine, OAM) surfboard day bag or bags. 8'0 with fin slot for hull/egg and/or 9'6".

Waltzing Matilda

Adventurer
What's a Packasport 115 look like?

Was curious what this looks like, so searched for "packasport 115" and found this... seems sturdy.

image.jpg

Hope that helps :)

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
They are very sturdy, the mfr uses aluminum "ribs" in a few spots sandwiched between the fiberglass, if you go to their website you can read all about it.

Xrunner

Explorer
This would be great for on top of an off-road trailer... any chance you have a trip to Colorado planned?

Abe Froman

Adventurer
It would be great on a trailer, or even in the bed of a full size truck.
They are pretty secure storage, nothing from yakima or thule comes close.
Next trip to colorado is going to be late summer and the box will be gone by then, sorry.

Drill some vent holes and Think of it as a roof top tent, for people you really do not like.

badfysh

Adventurer
Do you have any pictures of the actual box?

I am interested but fairly far north and would hate to waste a trip.

Also, for pick up, how does it attach.... Just so I bring the right car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz