Brought home new toy

O.R.C.A.

Observer
Ok ok first off I've been a long time lurker and reader of this sight and day dreamed of the day I'd have something worth posting about on here.

So this is not a build post for the most part. I picked this trailer up and feel in love with it right away. Let me first say the guy who built it was not wanting to sell it but personal issues forced other wise. The trailer is built great and he did an excellent job on the build. With the purchase I got all the info and pics he had on the build as well as some sketches he had of the plans/ prints. He's build was a trailer baseded on a military m416 trailer but it was tweeked just a bit. It was made a bit longer as well as a bit wider than the normal 416. It we as very well thought out and constructed.

It's ready to go as is, but there are a few things I want to do to improve it for me and the family. Already have some ideas in works but would really love to hear some input form the forum, all ideas will be taken in to consideration.

The trailer has onboard:

Roof top tent
water tank (18 gal)
Water pump
12 volt system (one batt. Right now)
Fold up table and rear swing arm to make kitchen area
Flood light
Under trailer lights
Tent lights
2kw gen.

Here's some pics of it when I got it home image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

The previous owner had named the trailer "ORCA" and after a family conversation we decided to keep the name.
It means.....

Off Road Camping Adventure

It just seemed right so I tought we should leave it and so it was the newest member of our family.

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Congratulations and welcome....looks like an awesome start. I would be careful about too much weight on the *** end...that's where it can get squirrelly.

Looking forward to some live action shots. My daughter lives down in Valdosta, so she's been ribbing me pretty hard about the beautiful weather down there lately.

Lots of luck with it!

O.R.C.A.

Observer
Thanks Titanpat57, yea I'm trying to keep the weight balanced out the water tank is up front as well as all the heavier gear is stored over the axel.
Weather is getting better and better down here going to be in the mid 70's this week and sunny, planing a trip this weekend.

Love your trailer by the way read your build not to long back nice set up

O.R.C.A.

Observer
Thanks guys I realy like it now I'm looking in to buying a new rig and selling my Cherokee , might be in the market for a Tacoma or a land cruiser

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles