Venturcraft Trailblazer tent trailer for sale in Los Angeles, Ca. $2500 OBO

JasonRedwood

Explorer
For sale again I would love to trade for a running 1st gen 4Runner w/ 22re
We don't have any trips planned with the family for 9 months and would rather it go to some one that can get more use out of it. The below information is from almost a year ago when I first posted the ad. New pictures and updated info will be posted later today. 2/16/16
Price Drop $2750 or best offer considered.

Hey there-

I have a 1996 (or so) Venturcraft Trailblazer for sale, in white.
I recently installed new Dexter Ez-lube 6 lug hubs, used Toyota Steelies, and new Cooper Discoverer AT3's. 265/75/16
Maybe 500 miles on the tires if that.
When I bought the trailer one of the fenders was cracked so I had a duplicate made of the good fender.
I painted the fenders and bumper with black bedliner.
I also removed the branding on the trailer lid.

The fiberglass lid has a buckle in it that I was planing to fix/reinforce, just never got around to it.
This buckle doesn't hinder the function of the lid whats so ever.
There is the original vinyl cover as well that needs TLC. (9/15)I replaced all the missing straps and snaps but there's a bit of wear on the cover. Pictures to come.
A comfortable queen size 4" memory foam mattress that comes with the trailer. Used maybe 10 times.
2" ball hitch. (9/15) I had a harbor freight cooler tray welded to tongue for sturdier external storage.

Theres a couple small nicks in the canvas fabric. Stains here and there from dirt around the entrance.
I noticed the hydraulic lifts on the top seemed to have failed last time I opened it in the cold weather. (9/15) hydraulic lifts replaced.

(9/15) I also replaced all the weather trim around the fiberglass top.

Pictures on all the updates will be posted when I get time later today.

Thats all I can think of for now. Not in a rush to sell.
My wife and I absolutely love this trailer.
$2750 OBO. I can help deliver with in reason from Los Angeles.
DM or email me at jayredwood@gmail.com
Trade for running 1st gen 4Runner, 22re

This old ad has a lot general info on the trailers if you aren't familiar.
These are really light weight and convenient.
http://www.steinborn.org/jim/ebay/sportsman/

And here is a commercial from the original manufacturer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xucca58jNS4
For now here are a few pictures from when I brought it home the first day.
9280006394_e0b108dec0_z.jpg

First trip. Tows great!

You can see the buckle in the top here.(old picture) It is less pronounced now after letting it sit with a 2x4 under it for a bit.

Big Sur
1.jpg

Anza Borrego
Screen Shot 2014-12-01 at 2.42.51 PM.jpg

Currently the most recent picture, 6 months old. Painted Fenders/bumper, removed decals, new hubs and tires on the toyota steelies.
Screen Shot 2014-11-26 at 9.48.07 PM.jpg

Last edited:

stevec

Adventurer
I SO want to buy this... don't even need the Toyota tires/wheels, but would need to get it to Seattle...

JasonRedwood

Explorer
Took the trailer out to the southern Sequoia's last weekend. Performed perfectly.
We let a friend of mine sleep in it, she loved it.

JasonRedwood

Explorer
WOW! you are giving away your trailer, it is worth alot more then what you are asking!

Yeah, planning on getting the Mrs. a newer car and I'm am fairly sure I can pack everything in and on my 4runner for family camping trips.

Edit:
Incase it wasnt stated before. Some the rivets here and there that hold the soft top on and a strap or two have fallen off or need replacement. Nothing that affects the functions of the trailer or tent.

Last edited:

Bigunit

Adventurer
I have one of these trailers. Great tent trailer...a steal at that price. Can also hold quite a bit of camping gear in the cargo area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94