1946 Spartan Polished Aluminum Trailer converted to LORENZindustries Ram Truck Camper

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
1948_spartan.jpg

1948_spartan_3.jpg

spartan.jpg

1947SpartanMotorhome.jpg

attachment.php

SpartanMH.jpg

spartan.jpg

Freebird

Adventurer
I like your style.
Maybe offer it on ebay for what it is "worth" to you, stating it will be "destroyed" if it doesn't sell. That ought to motivate the classics folks and clubs out there to "step up"...
If it doesn't sell, cut it up for your project with a clear conscience....
Opinions are a dime a dozen, and no substitute for real $$$...

Seems to me, anyway.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
Sean, After you do enough work to fit the trailer to your truck, wouldn't it be easier to build from scratch? Design the frame members, laser cut them and then have Curt skin it.

Lorenz

It been a long road. The Spartan stayed on the updated trailer added an 7500# 8 lug axle and cut doors into the back to be able to load the toys easier.

It turned into my car hauler. My paramotor equipment along with my Kawi Teryx and the wife and kids KX112 and my KTM will live inside.

Attachments

• Resized_20230712_095804.jpeg
    Resized_20230712_095804.jpeg
    419.6 KB · Views: 12

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
CUT IT UP!

Heck Ya!

I'm amazed at the amount of Spartan trailers that pop up for sale each week on Facebook, CL and other forums. Same with Airstream. Most are gutted with a few drug out of the woods.

The dream of these aluminum trailers quickly turns into a nightmare once the owner guts the trailer. That's when reality hits and they realize how expensive and what a PITA it will be to "Put It Back Together"!

Most Spartan trailers are very LONG in length. I have seen several that have been cut in half and significantly shortened to make a very nice and manageable size trailer. Once again. Lot's of Work, Lot's of Time and Lot's of Money to build any old aluminum trailer.

I have considered building a pontoon boat camper several times with an old junk Avion or Airstream. Much more fun and useful as I do not use my 1957 Avion R20 camper trailer near as much as I expected I would.

Amphicamper-Ready-To-Go.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94