Which seat covers?

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Easy enough question.

I'm not interested in the wet okoles. I'm looking for canvas/cordura and have narrowed it down to carhartt, cover king, or caltrend, but other than some pants and my work coats I have no experience with any of the companies. Whatever the company they need to stand up to 70 lbs of spastic Weimaraner. 2010 TRD Off Road DCSB not that it matters as far as I know. Any experienced input is more than appreciated.

Take a look at Headwaters seat covers. They are cordura, american made from american material and have held up really well for the past year in my double cab. I have 2 small kids and a larger english pointer and my seats would be ruined without covers. Their customer service was also great, I ordered online and then got a call from the owner of the company before they started construction just to make sure the options were correct. Took about 2 weeks to receive them once ordered.

Expedition Leader
I've been happy with the Marathon seat covers in my FJC so far. Cordura nylon, very durable.

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
I tried the Cover King ballistic cordura in the back of my truck, specifically for the dog. They were so slick that he had to constantly adjust, which was really annoying because of the sound that his pads made against the cordura. Scritch, scratch, scritch...

One drawback to Cordura is that it is slippery. My pup does slide around a bit, but it cleans up really easy. A friend works for a dog trainer and has neoprene covers that definitely attract more stains and dirt. I also don't like tha fact that neoprene is so warm.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Headwaters sound nice, except the price. A bit stiff. Cabelas I'm not overly excited about.

The attractive part about the ones I listed is they all have anywhere from 10-20 percent off, and no shipping charge. The unattractive part is as far as I can tell they're all made by the C. H. Ina Corporation, and that I'm not so keen on, but depending on which way I go it looks like around $150-$200 premium for domestic product. Cal trend might be the J. A. Pan Company, and thats not so bad, but I cant remember for sure.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
I've been happy with the Marathon seat covers in my FJC so far. Cordura nylon, very durable.
+1 on this. My Marathon covers have proved to be very rugged, to the point where I'm considering ordering a second set for the back seat.
2012_0914_154501AA.jpg

2012_0914_154444AA.jpg

One thing I've discovered about Cordura covers, though: In cold weather, they really are cold when you first get in. My wife always complains about that on cold days.
They come in a nice variety of colors and patterns. Cheap they're not (mine were around $250 with shipping, although that included the back pockets and the front pocket on the driver's seat) but they're custom fitted and very well made.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Figured I should post the follow up to this. I ended up with the Caltrend covers. Material seems durable enough, and as mentioned is quite a bit on the slippery slide for my furry co-pilot.

The rear fits the 60/40 split seat like a glove. No complaint's at all about it.

The fronts on the other hand fit like they were made for a freaking school bus or something. As in they don't fit for crapola. To the point they are essentially useless in my book. I made mention of this fact to the online retailer and received a recorded cricket concert in response. I actually checked the tags on the covers to make sure they were marked for a Tacoma and not a 1956 Dodge flat nose school bus and sure enough they said Tacoma, but I'm still skeptical. I'll probably end up replacing them with something else and see if the wife can chop them up and sew me something useful out of them. Portable dog food bowls for my buddy maybe....

Beanzermin

Observer
I'm running the Rugged Ridge cargo seat covers on my 4Runner. So far they have been great! They are made from a polyester material that resembles canvas. Plus they gave me a ton of storage!

c0182cc22046005786ab4df7798f1254.jpg

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Take a look at Headwaters seat covers. They are cordura, american made from american material and have held up really well for the past year in my double cab. I have 2 small kids and a larger english pointer and my seats would be ruined without covers. Their customer service was also great, I ordered online and then got a call from the owner of the company before they started construction just to make sure the options were correct. Took about 2 weeks to receive them once ordered.

Yep,Headwaters or Marathons. I've personally dealt with Marathon but have heard nothing but positive reviews of Headwaters. Regardless,get the pockets in front and back of the front seats.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
One drawback to Cordura is that it is slippery. My pup does slide around a bit, but it cleans up really easy. A friend works for a dog trainer and has neoprene covers that definitely attract more stains and dirt. I also don't like tha fact that neoprene is so warm.
The Cordura that Marathon uses isn't slick. It's 500 denier Dupont of a rather coarse nature. They'll send you fabric samples free so you can double check.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior