North GA

Bojak

Adventurer
Got out this weekend to N GA. Took my two boys camping and ran some trails. This was really the first time I've wheeled her. She was impressive and blew our trail buddy's mind where I was able to get through. All had fun. uploadfromtaptalk1426472466996.jpg
I will definitely be moving up to 35" mud terrains, maybe 37s.
f48d21c787ef05325669fc108eac8195.jpg

ddb2b7dbbaa7a3864b93219827b01aab.jpg
80405a054942863d74fd90dc071d9a00.jpg
9e82a51cebd34da3e0ced510babe5fd1.jpg

Last edited:

Bojak

Adventurer
Couple of more.
11d863dfa22f97b196a413d07ad03181.jpg
12ee9ff1a6ad1bdafa35f6344ac42ebb.jpg

The negative part of the trip is I now want to wheel her more. Sooooo, now I'm having crazy bob the frame and flatbed thoughts. The fact that I have a fab shop makes the crazy ideas seem not so crazy. We will just have to message on these ideas for a minute I guess.

Last edited:

Bojak

Adventurer
Not sure why photos would post in my first post but not the second. Then I open it on my phone and I can see them. But not on the tablet? Go figure.

screwball48

Explorer
What area where you wheeling in? Any major drawbacks to wheeling a rig that size in north GA?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bojak

Adventurer
We ran Tray Mountain, even ran many of the side trails for playing around. It was a blast. Reba, my truck, is ginormous and this was my first time really wheeling it. I was following a buddy in a built LJ and we were both really surprised at the ability of the truck. We also ran Bell Mountain the next day, or tried to but it was too muddy for even my buddy's LJ. I got good local info on some other trails the rig can handle. I ordered up some bigger mud terrains today and that should help a bunch. I also am loosing the shell. After much internal debate I have decided that I dont want to sleep where I play. So I am also going to be converting a box trailer I have for a base camp.

screwball48

Explorer
I thought that some photos looked familiar. I live 15-20 minutes from the Tray mtn area. It is my favorite 4wd camping area. Did you go up the main road from Helen or come across the back on the Chimney mtn side. Lots of good camping in that area and it is one of my main reasons for wanting a 4wd again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

screwball48

Explorer
A trip like that only takes one sentence to sum up: "And good times were had by all".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

56powerwagon

Bojak, Did you build those side steps/ sliders or order them from somewhere? I have a 1988 single cab longbed 4x4 and looking for something similar. curious to how they are mounted. Nice truck by the way and cool picks camping and getting it dirty. I live by Lake Lanier and we frequent that area as well as the North Carolina area.

Bojak

Adventurer
uploadfromtaptalk1427600998740.jpgThey are nfab but modified. I ordered for a set for a new 3500 crew long bed. The steps are designed to pretty much mount by drilling through the pinch weld below the doors. It is a pretty hinky way to install them. I had to cut part of the mounts to work with my older body style. No big deal, 6 inch angle grinder took about an hour. They are strong mounted this way for there intended use as a step. I will be installing 3" square tube off the back side of the mounts that braces over to the frame making them closer to rock sliders. With them bolted to the pinch weld still they wont be real sliders and a strong hit will result in body damage. They will offer protection for most of what I will get into and I like the style of them. Once I am done with the modifications I will post some pics in my soon to be build thraed. Here is a quick look at what came in on Friday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles