NEW GXV UNIMOG CAMPER FOR SALE

adam88

Explorer
Sounds like expo was a total mess. I hope you guys put down some cardboard inside! I saw the earthroamer and it was messy inside mud everywhere. Wow.

I don't know why anyone wouldn't buy this. For 275k it's a way better deal than the 500k earthroamer. The unimog is a way better platform than the f550 IMO.

Well good luck!!!!

garybo

Adventurer
The Expo newsletter said the weekend set bad weather records- tough people slogging around the grounds!

I also think our rig is more of an expedition vehicle than other brands: walls and main door 2.4" thick; door bottom 3' off the ground, triple latched, high security key. We don't have an "outside TV" to watch games- thought the idea was to be where there isn't a TV signal? And yes, the mog's 20" wheel travel and 16 forward gears gives a much broader range of travel than the F550.

We'll be patient- maybe some sheik will need a rig to cross the desert. Oh wait, they fly across in their own 747!

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
The Expo newsletter said the weekend set bad weather records- tough people slogging around the grounds!

I also think our rig is more of an expedition vehicle than other brands: walls and main door 2.4" thick; door bottom 3' off the ground, triple latched, high security key. We don't have an "outside TV" to watch games- thought the idea was to be where there isn't a TV signal? And yes, the mog's 20" wheel travel and 16 forward gears gives a much broader range of travel than the F550.

We'll be patient- maybe some sheik will need a rig to cross the desert. Oh wait, they fly across in their own 747!

Wait, your Mog doesn't have an outside tv? Scratch it off my considerables list; how would I even keep up with the Kardashians when I'm off grid? :coffee::p

garybo

Adventurer
If it would make a difference, we'll hang a TV on the winch, pull up a Lazy Boy and open a cooler of Sam Adams for ya!

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
GLWS Gary - was a pleasure getting to meet you both at expo. This will be a great vehicle for someone, but it is just such a small market that it may take some time. Don't give up, you'll eventually find the right buyer!

KirkL

I don't buy many lottery tickets, but I just picked one up for Power Ball. I'll PM you to set up a showing if I win!

garybo

Adventurer
Hi Jon and Emily- great to meet you two. Thanks for our rig's pictures on your site, we'll be patient. Wish we had your engineering prowess.
Gary and Susie

pugslyyy

Thanks Gary - let me know when you are ready to trade! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pugslyyy

Hi! What a rig :) How many belted passengers will this hold- just the two in the cab?

Gary may correct me, but yet I'm pretty sure this is configured as a 2-person vehicle (most if not all GXV Unimogs are set up this way).

The Unimog can accommodate 3 in the cab (driver + 2 passengers on a bench seat), but most US ones I see have been converted to 2 seats if they didn't come that way originally.

garybo

Adventurer
We had the bench seat removed. It was a fixed base that doesn't move in any direction- no adjustments, no comfort. The new passenger seat is on air with full adjustments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles