3rd gen 3rd row seat removal

jhill15

Explorer
Anyone taken theirs out and have pics of the process, or could explain how to get them out? I have the fsm but I couldn't find any removal steps.

Thanks all!

plh

Explorer
Snapped a photo (shaky cell phone photo I guess), if you can see where my key is pointing, this is inside the hinge cover on each side. Depress the silverish colored locking pawl with a screwdriver (or key) on each side holding simultaneously (helps to have 2 people) and pull the seat out.

20150318_171815.jpg

Last edited:

montypower

Adventure Time!
Anyone taken theirs out and have pics of the process, or could explain how to get them out? I have the fsm but I couldn't find any removal steps.

Thanks all!

Flip seat forward. Give a solid pull directly backward. The latching mechanism rotates and releases. One person can easily do it.

Sabre

Overlanding Nurse
Super-easy, but beware that the seat is heavy and bulky. Removing and re-installing is a piece of cake, taking literally 30 seconds, but you could seriously injure your back if not careful.

jhill15

Explorer
Super-easy, but beware that the seat is heavy and bulky. Removing and re-installing is a piece of cake, taking literally 30 seconds, but you could seriously injure your back if not careful.
I will most certainly be careful, the last thing I need is a pulled muscle in my back.
Thanks sabre!

nnamssorxela

Adventurer
If you pull the seats up into position, but do not let the front "legs" fold down, the seats will basically fall out of the latches. Looks like you got it figured out though.

jhill15

Explorer
If you pull the seats up into position, but do not let the front "legs" fold down, the seats will basically fall out of the latches. Looks like you got it figured out though.
I was wondering if I needed to fold the legs down or not.
Thanks nnamssorxela!

nnamssorxela

Adventurer
No problem at all. They will try to fold down on their own, so just hold them up, and let the front of the seat go all the way down to the carpet and it will pop out. I pulled mine out, stashed them in the basement, and use that HUGE space for storing equipment.

jhill15

Explorer
No problem at all. They will try to fold down on their own, so just hold them up, and let the front of the seat go all the way down to the carpet and it will pop out. I pulled mine out, stashed them in the basement, and use that HUGE space for storing equipment.
Once I get mine out I may not wanna put them back in. We rarely use them anyway and all that storage would be awesome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94