New Fixed Bull-bars

Mock Tender

Adventurer
Here are some pictures of the just installed fixed bull-bar. For me, it turned out as well as I had hoped.

I figured, since at least 50% of the time I enter a room and forget why I am there, not having to remember to lower the bull-bar was an excellent idea for me. And for the mechanic.

Since most of our touring will be in deer, moose and elk territory, I wanted it over-built.

The removable receiver was in case I needed to add a motorcycle, bikes or something else.

Mark

BB 1.jpg

BB2.jpg

BB3.jpg

BB4.jpg

BB5.jpg

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
very nice stout setup - and similar to what I have. I have yet to hit a moose with mine, but the angle does a good job of deflecting a deer down instead of up into the windshield.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
Looks good. How did you do the receiver? Is it triangulated to the frame, just welded on to the bumper, or?

Reason I'm asking is I've still got to design a subframe for my front receivers...and of course I'll happily steal ideas LOL.

dlh62c

Explorer
I figured, since at least 50% of the time I enter a room and forget why I am there, not having to remember to lower the bull-bar was an excellent idea for me. And for the mechanic.

Don't forget to remove open soft drink containers from the cup holders.

Last edited:

GR8ADV

Explorer
Nice. Very nice. What year is ur FUSO, can it support a winch, and how much does the bumper weigh. I am looking for options for my 2003. THX

Last edited:

Mock Tender

Adventurer
Jomobco- Yes. It is Hefty Fabworks. They are the same people that have been doing all of the sub-frame and will do the motorcycle ramp and head-ache rack behind the cab. Everything that has been done to my truck so far is on their cad/cam and can be easily reproduced for 2012+. I will give a full review of them and their work when everything is completed: but, so far I have been very pleased. Funny part, was I traveled to British Columbia and interviewed companies in the Midwest and the East Coast of the States, and only to find these guys, by dumb-luck, right near my daughters house.

Czechsix- I am a little embarassed to admit this- but, I am not sure what you mean by “triangulated” in this scenario. Part of the reason I went with a steel over an aluminum bull-bar was I wanted the option to add the motorcycle+ on the front, if need be. They ruled out aluminum (although they could of built the same bull-bar in aluminum). They warranty their work for two years and they felt aluminum plus the steel bracing for the hitch would be essentially the same weight and pricier. The design for the bolted on removable hitch was theirs. I showed them pictures of several bull-bars and expressed what I thought were the weaknesses and strengths for what I wanted. They made a few templates to get the opening and the design right, then cut and tack welded the whole thing together for my okay. The little touches and flair were all their doing. It is set up for a 15,000lb winch and two places to mount the lincense plate.

Dlh62c- yeah, that is one of the pictures I showed them. The angles and flares they added really look better than the pictures show. And- lucky for me I don't drink sodas- or that would be a placarded warning for me.

GR8ADV- It weighs 200lbs and it is set up for a 15,000 lb winch and extra lights. As for will it fit a “2003”- I don't know. Any body have an idea of the frame/body differences of the 2012+ over an older FG?

Mark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior