Canter 4x4 factory lifted project

Watched the video, looks like a great score. He said that it is a 4.6 litre 6 cylinder, that would be new but from Japan may be possible. There certainly some things that are different on it and when you get it you can give us a run down on. I like the centre mount rear winch. Nice large drum and probably would not be to hard to double line it to the front for use there as well. The box itself looks like it might be weighty but certainly a lot of features.

Dan.

He did say 6 but it's 4. He slips up in his videos sometimes.

I hope the box isn't too heavy. It's mainly made of aluminum.

A

Fugly

Adventurer
Just watched the vid ...
Looks like a good base....
Little bit of thinking and you will have....
A great truck .....

Cheers Fugly

Uncle_jesse

Observer
Awesome build bud good to see another one in BC ! Just out of curiosity roughly what did the truck end up costing you ?

Cheers

Truck is here and in my hands.

Engine bay is basically new. Very minor surface rust on the body which will be an easy clean. Truck is factory undercoated.

Things we discovered that we didn't know the truck originally had. It has a 30k lbs rear hydraulic winch. Works like a charm. And air compressor with all lines already installed. I cannot believe these thing
Leafs are starting to flatten out so will need to replace those pretty soon.

I decided to put on 285/75/16 over the 315 (so 33s over 35s). Good thing we decided to do so as it rides SUPER high!

Shifting is super easy and smooth. 1st gear is a crawler gear so always start on 2nd gear.

Front manual hub lockers work with ease!

Can't wait to have it all road ready!

cruising highway speed is 95km/h. 105km/h down hill! was a bit of a surprise.

the truck is a non turbo version 4.6L 4 cylinder.

Here are some pics with the new wheels and rims on.

Small problem we had (as per pictures) the control arm was touching the rim which needed 1/4 inch of spacing in the front. Rears had no issues fitting. Those rims are epic!

image1.jpgimage2.jpgimage3.jpg

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    555 KB · Views: 14
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    541.1 KB · Views: 11

Aussie Iron

Explorer
Truck is here and in my hands.

Things we discovered that we didn't know the truck originally had. It has a 30k lbs rear hydraulic winch. Works like a charm. And air compressor with all lines already installed. I cannot believe these thing
Leafs are starting to flatten out so will need to replace those pretty soon.

I decided to put on 285/75/16 over the 315 (so 33s over 35s). Good thing we decided to do so as it rides SUPER high!

Shifting is super easy and smooth. 1st gear is a crawler gear so always start on 2nd gear.

Front manual hub lockers work with ease!

Can't wait to have it all road ready!

cruising highway speed is 95km/h. 105km/h down hill! was a bit of a surprise.

the truck is a non turbo version 4.6L 4 cylinder.

Here are some pics with the new wheels and rims on.

Small problem we had (as per pictures) the control arm was touching the rim which needed 1/4 inch of spacing in the front. Rears had no issues fitting. Those rims are epic!

Saw the winch in the video certainly good.
1st gear is really low so 2nd start off is normal.
Cruising speed is about the same as mine but it will sit on 100klm on the flats.
4.6 litre non-turbo engine is different as ours are 4.2 non-turbo (Nice to see pics and get an engine prefix #)
That is the first problem fitting the rims that I have heard I wonder if the top steering link arm is bent a little. Mine does sit very close About 1/4 inch clearance.

Dan.

Saw the winch in the video certainly good.
1st gear is really low so 2nd start off is normal.
Cruising speed is about the same as mine but it will sit on 100klm on the flats.
4.6 litre non-turbo engine is different as ours are 4.2 non-turbo (Nice to see pics and get an engine prefix #)
That is the first problem fitting the rims that I have heard I wonder if the top steering link arm is bent a little. Mine does sit very close About 1/4 inch clearance.

Dan.

Hey Dan,

Seems like the spacers that come on most Fuso/canters are about a 1/4 inch thicker and that's what we will need. This one is thinner. I didn't know that until now.

I think we will bent the steering link a bit ourselves to accommodate that.

Today was a milestone.

New leaf springs (rebuilt) are on! Huge difference in driving feel. Ordered new shock absorbers as well as these ones are dead.

Repainted all the faded parts. Got rid of most of the surface rust and also undercoated those fixed spots. The truck is a dream so far.
FullSizeRender.jpgIMG_6297.jpgIMG_6383.jpg

and youtube! https://youtu.be/mk1OwTtm4IA

Last edited:

yabanja

Explorer
I love that yours is the narrow model.... Will work so much better in those narrow Italian streets!

Allan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior