Canter 4x4 factory lifted project

Hey fellow explorers!

After years of tinkering with Japanese cars we've finally decided to take the big plunge!

Two weeks ago we purchased a 1997 fg538b mitshubishi canter 4x4 4.6l diesel 5spd manual with 63k km! Manual front lockers
It was a service truck for a hydro company.

Underside was factory sprayed with undercoat. Very thick layer. Very minimal surface rust otherwise
Comes with a perfect size box!

So now we begin the wait for its arrival.

Seriously considering switching to SRW. Rims already sourced.

Now let the build begin! $$$

Pictures will come soon!

Any comments welcome.

Thanks.

Alex

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 64

Maninga

Adventurer
Good looking project. Come and join us in the Japanese Heavy Truck section, there's a number of other Fuso 4x4's in there and a lot of knowledge.

What are your plans for the truck and travels?

It should be on the boat in the next couple of weeks.

I've sourced out the rims (from aus) for a single rear wheel conversion and just getting tires organized.

Going to convert the box into a full blown camper. I'm sure i'll take years doing some final touches. But for now some windows and bedding.

Looking to cut out a pass-through as well.

First trip planned is burning man in august.

Then hopefully Alaska and some B.C. coast.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
It should be on the boat in the next couple of weeks.
I've sourced out the rims (from aus) for a single rear wheel conversion and just getting tires organized.
Going to convert the box into a full blown camper. I'm sure i'll take years doing some final touches. But for now some windows and bedding.
Looking to cut out a pass-through as well.
First trip planned is burning man in august.
Then hopefully Alaska and some B.C. coast.
Looks like a great project!

You might want to come down to
http://www.nwoverlandrally.com/
"June 25-28 2015 Plain WA, just 2 hours from Seattle, in the beautiful Cascade Mountains"
We have some Fusos already planning on attending.
Portal thread here: FUSO meet and greet

Aussie Iron

Explorer
I'd love to hear about the Manual front lockers as I was of the belief that there is no such animal. When you get a chance to investigate it.

Dan.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
I am wondering if there was some confusion here... Maybe it has manual locking front hubs, not actually a diff lock, which makes more sense to me.

Sorry My bad...

I was too excited and typing away. It's manual front locking hubs. A diff lock from the interior from my understanding. Correct me if i'm wrong. P3130105.jpg

You can check the video out here

Looks like a great project!

You might want to come down to
http://www.nwoverlandrally.com/
"June 25-28 2015 Plain WA, just 2 hours from Seattle, in the beautiful Cascade Mountains"
We have some Fusos already planning on attending.
Portal thread here: FUSO meet and greet

I would LOVE TO!

Have june 26- june 29th off!

If it's running well by then, i'm IN!

I may want to bring my built up subaru forester as well!

That thing is a beast

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
I would LOVE TO!
Have june 26- june 29th off!
If it's running well by then, i'm IN!
I may want to bring my built up subaru forester as well!
That thing is a beast

Cool, I'll add you to the list.
That video is great. Lots of great features. I love the 7 foot wide box, instead of the 'normal' 8 foot wide we see here.
JDM headlights are awesome. I've been trying to find some that were not $$$ (well ¥ ¥ ¥ ).
Nice box with plenty of door access and even a sunroof!
And the already install rear winch, very cool.
The 1/2 liftgate will be great for carry a motorcycle and/or mini rear sun deck.
Very good score. I hope to see you at the rally.

Thanks so much!
I can't wait to work on it!

So many plans yet so little time!

Alex

Cool, I'll add you to the list.
That video is great. Lots of great features. I love the 7 foot wide box, instead of the 'normal' 8 foot wide we see here.
JDM headlights are awesome. I've been trying to find some that were not $$$ (well ¥ ¥ ¥ ).
Nice box with plenty of door access and even a sunroof!
And the already install rear winch, very cool.
The 1/2 liftgate will be great for carry a motorcycle and/or mini rear sun deck.
Very good score. I hope to see you at the rally.

Aussie Iron

Explorer
Watched the video, looks like a great score. He said that it is a 4.6 litre 6 cylinder, that would be new but from Japan may be possible. There certainly some things that are different on it and when you get it you can give us a run down on. I like the centre mount rear winch. Nice large drum and probably would not be to hard to double line it to the front for use there as well. The box itself looks like it might be weighty but certainly a lot of features.

Dan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior