Easter Jeep Safari Concepts 2015

MTSN

Explorer
I'm curious why the Africa concept has amber turn signals/parking lights when they switched over to clear a couple years ago. Makes me wonder if they used an older model or if it was intentional. I'm also curious how they mounted the front of the limb risers - looks like they're tied into the hood latches.

Omar Brannstrom

Adventurer
I like the Africa concept, higher roof and more bagage room, but I dont like that it lacks a rear spare wheel, a real Jeep comes with a rear spare wheel:)
I do like the jerrycan holder but I see that it is not a normal jerrycan, it is costum made to be fit, looks like they have put a saw to the jerrycan.

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
The Wrangler Red Rock Responder has commercial potential

Upgrades include Dana 60 axles, 5.38:1 differentials, 37 inch tires on beadlocks, Warn winch on a steel bumper, a 4 inch lift and Fox shocks.

Looking at side views of the Red Rock Responder, it seems to me that they stretched the wheelbase a couple of inches, as well.

It looks like the illegitimate mistake of a one night stand between a JKU and a Honda Ridgeline!

AZJim

Observer
The full size spare wheel is mounted underneath the vehicle, you can see it in certain pictures. Unless you're referring to the swing gate mounted tire, than I agree, it would be handier.

Jim

I like the Africa concept, higher roof and more bagage room, but I dont like that it lacks a rear spare wheel, a real Jeep comes with a rear spare wheel:)
I do like the jerrycan holder but I see that it is not a normal jerrycan, it is costum made to be fit, looks like they have put a saw to the jerrycan.

epiccosmo

Adventurer

m(a)ce

Adventurer
The Africa sure is a lot like my JK Safari Cab project :).

I think a lot of us immediately thought of your project! hmm....

I'm also curious how they mounted the front of the limb risers - looks like they're tied into the hood latches.

looks like it's simple tie in like the River Raider bracket that comes with their limb riser kit.

25c570f0bf5186c458ebda3161eb882c.jpg

7b7b8395604c839c76eba8e8bd61d7f9.jpg

delivered by winged monkeys

Finlay

Triarius
Anyone know where they sourced that HF whip on the Staff Car ?

The Africa is pretty sweet. The RRR is... not good.

Keyne

Adventurer
I would like a longer wheelbase (130 Style) of the Africa as well... then with the slightly raised roof could put some jump seats in back with a table for sitting inside... add some AEV bumpers front/rear with swing out tire carrier and either keep the second tire underneath for two spares or add an extra fuel tank or water storage. Awesome.

frank6772

I would like a longer wheelbase (130 Style) of the Africa as well... then with the slightly raised roof could put some jump seats in back with a table for sitting inside... add some AEV bumpers front/rear with swing out tire carrier and either keep the second tire underneath for two spares or add an extra fuel tank or water storage. Awesome.

I don't think it has an extended wheelbase but a lengthened body. Looks to have the rear of the 2dr grafted onto the back of the JKU. Still it is a ready made product that JEEP will never let us have. And if power from the 2.8 is a concern, I know Cummins has a 3.8L turbo diesel 4 cyl that a shop in Clearwater, FL is toying with. But at about 13K, its pricy.
https://youtu.be/PiZy9FlZcZY

Terex

Adventurer
Maybe I'll be able to get a decent front end with winch and rock rails for my JGC Overland Diesel out of the design efforts. The Africa would be a great replacement for my JKR.

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
I would trade in my JKUR for the Africa in a heartbeat! I think Jeeps should have removable tops, but a sub model with a fixed raised roof and more cargo capacity in the rear would be one tough utility wagon! Add in the diesel power plant and aux fuel tank and its a definite winner for me! I would buy that. I would buy that. I would buy that................

cbboard

any ideas about where they sourced the retro steelies on the africa concept? i've been wanting something very similar for the past few years but haven't had much luck finding anything that doesn't require spacers or is custom/expensive.

frank6772

any ideas about where they sourced the retro steelies on the africa concept? i've been wanting something very similar for the past few years but haven't had much luck finding anything that doesn't require spacers or is custom/expensive.

WheelVintiques has those wheels. And I think Summitmracing might have in certain sizes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior