How much does a paint job cost where you live?

Shocker

VanDOOM!
I asked a few shops about wraps, but all of them said that it wouldn't hold up to abrasions off road. I am still strongly considering a Monstaliner roll on job done at home. Lots of guys are doing it on their Jeeps.

A nice local shop said they would spray VanDOOM for 500 if I provide the material and prep. I was thinking of using Imron. Very tough paint.

mapper

Explorer
Well, just got an estimate to have the hood and 2 front fenders repainted/clearcoated to address the lovely FoMoCo clear coat peeling issue. Came to just under 800.00

What are the thoughts on getting a full Plasti-Dip job? I know it isn't a lifetime but for 3-4 yrs+ it could be an option. Any idea what are the going rates are for a full PlastiDip job? would love to do my silver rig in a Matte grey...

In Utah consider contacting Atherton Collision Just off I-15 at 9th south in SLC . I had the hood on my Volvo repaired/repainted for just over $300 cash. That included body work. I think there was a specific cash discount.

When having paint work done I've learned that it is very important to discuss, upfront, expectations for the finished product.

CSG

Explorer
I have a 2002 Pleasure-Way Traverse - a pop top van built on a Ford E-250 Econoline. The van is a metallic red. The body is fine but the fiberglass top and skin over the cab as well as the driver's side running board/fender flare has started peeling clear coat. I brought it to a few local places to see about the top and got quotes of $900-1400. I've never liked the red color but when you buy used, you compromise. I'd asked about repainting it white (which would need to included the exposed red interior places on doors, jams, etc. That came to $4000-6000. I've decided to do nothing. Pleasure-Way tells me the peeling clear coat won't hurt. We'll see...

FEDUPWBS

Observer
Maaco did my 03 Cargo EB with white 2 stage with some body work was during a "sale" for $1400. Looks Pretty good but they will paint over anything you don't remove (door locks, weather strip etc) or specifically tell them to fix (dents and dings). Keep in mind that a painter at one of these assembly line type shops paints lots of vehicles and can usually lay down a decent coat of paint. Just stop by a few times and see what's coming out of the booth raw.

TTaM

Well, just got an estimate to have the hood and 2 front fenders repainted/clearcoated to address the lovely FoMoCo clear coat peeling issue. Came to just under 800.00

What are the thoughts on getting a full Plasti-Dip job? I know it isn't a lifetime but for 3-4 yrs+ it could be an option. Any idea what are the going rates are for a full PlastiDip job? would love to do my silver rig in a Matte grey...

If you ever plan on taking the Plasti-Dip off, peeling clearcoat could be a problem. It will most likely take a lot of the clear with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior