Building Dexter, My Wife's 95 80 series

NCFJ

Adventurer
I finally got around to installing the castor correction bushings. What a difference, no more chasing the steering down the road and no more bump steer. Installed new brakes all around as well.

NCFJ

Adventurer
Heather got Dexter a new Radio. Jensen VX7020 with NAV and a bunch of other features.
Update on the radio/NAV. BEST $260.00 spent HANDS DOWN! We went up to Hurricane Creek over the weekend and every bit of the state road system up there was on the NAV. This all included the normal elevation and GPS information you would expect along with TOPO to a degree. There was a set of numbers displayed we did not understand, when Heather found it in the manual she discovered they were street address numbers for the state roads/trails. They jived with a couple street addresses along the more traveled state gravel roads.

One of our group had a brake issue and Heather found a feature that will lead you to the nearest mechanic/auto parts store, in his case 22miles from where we were camped, 5.5 miles of it on the state gravel roads.

Bottom line on this head unit so far, this thing is feature packed and we have just started to learn all it's features. I'd buy it again in a heart beat. We'll see how it preforms long term.

kraven

Hegelian Scum
Thanks for the report on the head unit. I've been looking at those for my Dodge project.
Just curious if you're still happy with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles