M1010 Upgraded, Fully Self Contained, Long Range Expedition

JG Sky Soldier

M1010 CUCV Fully Self Contained, Long Range Expedition Vehicle;

I know over the years a number of people have upgraded the M1010 for various levels
of camping and exploring.... I thought I would share mine..... Go to my web site www.gentrymw.com....
It will give you an overview and a few photo....

Hope you enjoy.... Thanks,

John Gentry

02TahoeMD

Explorer
Hmmm, very nice rig. You really must give us some more details here on the forum. A scant 4 photos is not enough! Curiosity is piqued for certain.

m1010_3.jpg

ExpoMike

That is awesome. You did a lot of things I had wanted to do when I owned mine. The rear wall converted to a single door was a big item I wanted to do. Nice job all around. Here's a pic of my 1010 before I sold it.

PICT6077.jpg

JG Sky Soldier

Thank You for your comments.... I remember your project...Sorry
you went in another direction... This truck required appox 2,500 man hours and a ton of $$ but it is what I wanted..... I will be @ the ExPo in Flagstaff in May, Looking forward to seeing some exceptional vehicles and meeting quality people.... If you are able to attend...look me up and I will give you a detail tour..... I leave tomorrow for a seven month tour of the west (again)....@ M1010 speed...

John G

stevo-mt

Nothing wrong with m1010 speed! I'm heading up the Al-can next week at that speed. Great looking truck!

chevyexpotruck

Observer
Little late to the party, but I had to comment on how nice of a job you did on the truck.

We were going to do something similar to our M1010, but we went with another truck due to electrical gremlins with the M1010 (it had been modified by the police as a swat van at one point and the wiring was badly hacked).

Would love to see more pictures of your truck.

Woofwagon

Adventurer
Always thought the M1010 was a really cool vehicle. I would buy one if I didn't already have the Suburbillac! Good score!

JG Sky Soldier

Overland EXPO EAST

Well after attending the Mud Pit of Flagstaff in May.... My travels have bought me back east for a
bit..... My M1010 "Little Bit's Ride" will be displayed as a "Feature Vehicle".... At the Overland Expo East in Asheville the 2-4 of Oct 2015..... I will be returning from Europe to attend.... Please if you attend drop by the M1010 display.... I would enjoy meeting you and showing you the Truck....

Regards, John Gentry 256.303.4396

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94