Montero Gen3 Rocky Road SuperSliders Rock Rails - FS Lousiville KY $300

Wanted to offer up to the Montero community before I put on eBay.

I've removed my Rocky Road Supersliders to put the normal running boards back on my 2005 Montero. My wife likes the running boards better so the sliders need to go as we're moving to Italy this summer and I don't to ship or store them. These are the 57" version which work well for the 2003-2006 and are required if you have a 2001-2002 without the stock running boards. Been on the truck for only about 3 months. Cost new is nearly $500 with shipping from Rocky Road in Utah. $300. I can help with arranging your shipping but that's on you - I'll probably put them on a flat pallet if you want to ship. Also can work out a local pickup - I'm in Louisville KY.

PM if interested.

Check out the rockroad website for specifics. http://www.rocky-road.com/montero-rock-sliders.html

mMQ2

p-hR

GBf9

EwyN

4JsD

AIUn

txfu

RiHO

jhill15

Explorer
Man I would love to have these but I had to put my cash into other things. Im sure someone will nab them up, but if not and by chance your comming to wv before you head overseas and ive got the extra cash. I would love to have em. Or heck if you havent sold by the time I save up the money I may even drive to you.

cnutco

Adventurer
Dang good price! I would get them, but I think I would rather have some custom rails. I'm sure they will not last long at all!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael Brown

You followed me, so now we're both lost
Just curious. Are these completely bolt-on? The website said they required some modification to the vehicle. How extensive were the modifications (if any)?

Yes they were bolt on no modifications required as they use the stock mounting points. I have a 2005 so I had to remove my factory running boards and some of the front mudguard type parts that match up with the running boards. However if you look at the 4th picture there is a large plastic part that is the stock sill cover toward the rear. This should part of the sill should probably be cut off for a cleaner look which would make it not quite bolt on. Can't comment on if the 2001-2002 which did not come with running boards still have the bolt holes which are used - I'd assume yes but can't confirm. The 2001-2002 offer a cleaner install though since the slider fits the body molding and sill covers better. Rocky Road makes a longer version which I think would be better if you are removing the running boards.
The hardware Rocky Road provided was junk though - mismatched bolts and nuts. A couple of the factory mounting points which are used require use the stock nuts welded to the frame and thus a specific thread - which is a fine thread M10 if I recall - which was not included nor stocked at any local hardware stores - particularly in stainless steel.

earljuic3, I need to hear back from you on shipping otherwise there is a local buyer. Let me know by noon eastern today please, pm sent on it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz