Tool Development in Progress

Tiktaalik

Supporting Sponsor
My outdoor gear start up Tiktaalik is getting ready to launch its first piece of gear this summer on Kickstarter. If you share my passion for high quality tools and enjoy cooking (at home or in the outdoors) then there is a good chance that you will like this product. This product was designed and developed with people like you and me in mind. Sign up via my website to receive exclusive email updates leading up to the Kickstarter launch. Also if you know someone who you think might be interested in this, by all means spread the word. Tiktaalik makes tools for adventure and is located in Portland, Oregon.

tiktaalik_hammer_small_16_9.jpg

Falkon

Adventurer
Carl,

Can you shed some light on what kind of product this will be? Sounds interesting and your site is very well done. Looking forward to see what you are coming up with.

Tiktaalik

Supporting Sponsor
Hi Falkon.

Thanks for the kind words. It will be officially announced on April 8th, in two weeks from now. If you sign up you'll be the first to learn more about this project as soon as it is announced. I have designed this tool specifically with outdoor use and travel in mind but it is designed such that it can (and should) be used every day, at home or away, not just when you're camping or traveling. We use ours at home every day. Don't you agree that it can be frustrating when you spend good money on a high quality product only to have it sit on a shelf in the garage for most of the year? Perhaps that means I'm not getting outdoors as much as I would like to but I also think that there's room to make adventure gear more universal and useful.

ripperj

Explorer
Not sure what the point of the post is if you are going to be all secretive about the item you want us to buy??

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk 2

troyboy162

Adventurer
I was just thinking the other day how I'd really like to be on a mailing list for items I know nothing about. Its like you read my mind!

thethePete

Explorer
Yeah... being vague is not exactly a great way to get people to donate money to your cause.

What are you bringing to market? Why is it so revolutionary? What purpose does it serve?

Honu

lost on the mainland
I hope the admins make a vendor forum area and dont allow vendors to start threads in the main area where others just want to share etc...
sadly seems like quite a few posts now are vendors just to promote outside traffic and business for there gain and not about sharing and giving back !!!!

Xterabl

Adventurer
Yeah, Tiktaalik definitely defied the spirit of this forum category.
Thanks dude but no thanks.
Next time, post pics; and if you don't have pics then post a full description with sketches.
Otherwise, the posting is essentially spam.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Is it this all aluminum Defender grille?

AlbanyTom

Adventurer
I think I'd like it to be a hand held directed energy gun. Something in the terrawatt range, say 100ms bursts, focused beam out to 300m or so. Retail price around $20 would be good.

Or a propane powered waffle iron that's easy to clean. I'm good with either one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94