X M RADIO AND POP UP CAMPER

birdiecat

JUST WONDERING IF ANY ONE FOUND A CURE FOR XM RADIO AND POPUP CAMPERS. MY PROBLEM IS THAT THE NISSAN TITANS RECEIVER IS MOUNTED ON THE ROOF UNDER THE CAMPER AND THE ONLY TIME THAT IT WORKS IS WHEN I AM DRIVING SOUTH, AND THIS COULD BE JUST THE TRUCK TELLING ME SOMETHING. I CHECKED WITH NISSAN AND WITH THE AFTER MARKET, THE DON'T HAVE A CURE .JUST WONDERING IF ANY ONE HAS A CURE.

W

Wandering Sagebrush

I know of one person with a Tacoma and FWC who added another antenna near the front of the rig. No idea if it was OEM.

Camelfilter

Explorer
I'd imagine an after market one should work fine.

The real question I suppose is would you have to go with an aftermarket head unit as well? I don't know for sure, but I'd imagine you should be able to simply re-wire the existing antennae to an aftermarket unit in a new location...

-No issues with my Titan & stock XM, but my Flippac doesn't overhang the antenna.

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Antenna wiring isn't complex. The satellites are south, that's why you're picking the signal up driving south. The signal is getting in between the camper and truck when facing south.

Antenna wiring isn't complex. Maybe there isn't an off the shelf adapter but one ought to be able to splice the wires together easily using an aftermarket antenna.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
I've no idea if you have a practical place to mount it, but I used an antenna conceptually similar to this on my Mog and it worked well:

$_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Browning-Tr...703?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5671ec91df

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94