FlipPac "re-sizing"

dman93

Adventurer
Has anyone looked into (or actually done) re-sizing the lower shell of a FP to fit a slightly different bed size. I like my T100 but really hanker for a newer modern truck. Either a Tacoma or ?? As far as I know the T100 shell would fit a 1st gen Tundra and maybe a Dakota but not much else. To fit an access cab Taco I assume it would need to have the mounting surface and lower flanges narrowed, which seems reasonable, perhaps with a slight "lift", as it were with spacers glassed in where the shell rests on the bed. Shortening it to fit a DC Taco would be a bigger challenge ... relocating the front wall. Any thoughts?

-dman93

Arclight

SAR guy
The one for the Tacoma is about 6" narrower than the T100 model. So it would stick out a lot more than it does now, in addition to the other mods. Also, the Tacoma beds are shorter from what I can tell. I would sell it to that lady who is desperate to find one for her T100, and pick up the one for the Nissan that hasn't been moving. Then buy a Nissan to fit it. :)

Or, if you're going to pay the freight on a late-model Tacoma, order a new one from FRP. :) Besides, Summer is coming and that's the perfect time for a second job. :)

Arclight

dman93

Adventurer
The one for the Tacoma is about 6" narrower than the T100 model. So it would stick out a lot more than it does now, in addition to the other mods. Also, the Tacoma beds are shorter from what I can tell. I would sell it to that lady who is desperate to find one for her T100, and pick up the one for the Nissan that hasn't been moving. Then buy a Nissan to fit it. :)

Or, if you're going to pay the freight on a late-model Tacoma, order a new one from FRP. :) Besides, Summer is coming and that's the perfect time for a second job. :)

Arclight

I suppose I could get my seats re-covered, new front end with manual hubs, new ball-joints, control arm and sway bar bushings, idler arm, tie-rod ends and steering damper, new shocks, Tundra front brakes and a professional detailing for less than the price of a new FlipPac or the sales tax on a new Taco.

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
Winner!!!!

I suppose I could get my seats re-covered, new front end with manual hubs, new ball-joints, control arm and sway bar bushings, idler arm, tie-rod ends and steering damper, new shocks, Tundra front brakes and a professional detailing for less than the price of a new FlipPac or the sales tax on a new Taco.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior