Jerry Cans: NATO Style now 50 state legal

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Apparently, it only took making each NATO can have a CARB spout sold with each unit.

http://www.expeditionexchange.com/wavian/

wavian%20jerry%20can%20001%20081_.jpg

From their website.

"The Wavian 20-Liter Green NATO Jerry Can holds 5.3 US gallons of fuel and is identical to the jerrycan invented by the Wehrmacht and still used by armies worldwide. This jerrycan features a locking key on the cap, and a special EPA/CARB certified spout and unleaded adapter are included with every can. The special spout is what makes this jerrycan/spout combination legal for sale in all 50 states, even though many would recognize this type of jerrycan as "preban". Now with the special spout, the best portable fuel container ever devised is available to all of us once again."

EDIT:
Now there's an article on the homepage.
http://expeditionportal.com/the-new-carbepa-compliant-jerry-can/

Last edited:

Wilbah

Adventurer
I thought 80 was a lot for them but they make a great case for these when compared to all the others that look similar but clearly arent. I had no idea they could float when full? Wow....

maXTERRA

Adventurer
Saw some at sportsmans warehouse in UT for $75 with the new spout.
I have four that aren't stamped "not for gas" with the regular spouts. All my friends are stamped, so I guess I got lucky.

Riding along happy in my new rear bumper build

rayra

Expedition Leader
Ridiculous price premium, thanks to our leftist idiot government(s). But still nice to see their tyranny circumvented.

Wilbah

Adventurer
Rayra- I agree with you....CARB compliance did not result in a 400% or more increase in manufacturing costs. Especially not when the "compliance" piece is molded plastic and a spring.

slvyj

Observer
I haven't tried one, but the can lid and spout mounting latch all look the same on either model to me.

Found this on the linked website, sounds like old style spout would fit.

"The Wavian Jerry Cans are identical in every way to the original Wehrmacht jerrycan with two exceptions: (1) there is a locking key on the cap; and (2) each Wavian Jerry Can comes with an EPA/CARB Spout. These changes and additions are required to make them legal for sale under the rule of Big Brother. Otherwise, the Wavian Jerry Cans are identical to the original jerrycans. The mouths even have the exact same dimensions as the original jerrycans."

jdillard

Observer
**Politics Removed**

LOL, not sure where that rant came from - I guess you had it ready just in case. I have no opinion on the regulation of fuel cans or nozzles really - worse things to worry about and it's not like I spent the last four years wondering how to carry fuel around. But if they make a regulation that says you have to sell a can with a certain spout, and then a company sells said can with said spout, it seems a bit much to cheer them on as sticking it to the man. "Way to meet the letter of the law, brother!" Especially when it looks like they're gouging on the price by taking advantage of a bubble that only exists due to a shortage which their own product eliminates.

Be as fearful as you want of the government - I don't care what you think so long as you don't come bother me with it - but you might be wary as well of companies that are eager to pray on that fear to make a buck. As least don't cheer them on as they pick your pocket.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles