My 3rd Gen 4Runner Build/Appreciation Thread

Go4Lo

Explorer
There aren't enough 3rd Gen build threads these days so I thought I post a few pics of mine. Over the years I've owned and built many different platforms from a fully built 80 series to LR Discoveries and yes, even my fair share of Jeeps but for me the 3rd Gen 4Runner has always maintained a soft spot. In my opinion (for what that's worth) they are one of the best all around platforms for building an overland vehicle.

I could rant on and on making my case for them but I won't bore you with that as most of you guys know and respect these trucks. On to the build!

Started with a clean '99 Limited back in October 2014 that was purchased from a local CL add here in NC. Rust free truck with 180K that had been well taken care of but otherwise stock.

As of Date: 4/30/15

• ARB Front Bumper
  • SuperWinch 9500lb Winch
  • 4xInnovations Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier
  • 4xInnovations Rock Sliders
  • Old Man Emu Springs – 880/906
  • Old Man Emu Trim Packers
  • Toytec Top Plate Spacers
  • Old Man Emu Shocks – 90004/60028
  • ARB RD132 Rear Locker
  • Prothane Sway Bar Bushings – Ft/Rr
  • Prothane Steering Rack Bushings
  • 265/75r16 BFG AT KO E Rated
  • SpiderTrax 1.25" Wheels Spacers
  • Yakima Base Rack with Attachments
  • ScanGauge II
  • JVC Double Din Head Unit
  • HuskyLiners
  • Interior LEDs
  • Optima Red Top
  • All Maintenance Items (Fluids, Filters, etc)

To Do:

• Get Out to the Woods MORE
  • New Leather
  • Dual Batteries
  • Rear Drawer System and Fridge

Last edited:

csclifford

Outside of Comfort
Looks great! Love the silver bumpers matching the limited silver trim.

I definitely miss my '00 limited. Was by far the most fun vehicle I have owned to date.

Go4Lo

Explorer
We managed to find a few minutes of free time over the weekend to finish up the sliders as well. I had them them color matched silver and then added a piece of diamond plate as a step/protection pad.

Having the sliders painted was kind of a risk but I don't plan on dragging this truck through the rocks or through really anything hardcore so hopefully they will only be there in the case of an extreme situation.

Please ignore my busted open drivers seat....to be addressed soon!

Chaser88

Observer
BIG fan of the silver bumpers to match the silver cladding. Had always thought about doing the same if I ever got a white 3rd gen! Super clean truck! Stoked to see what you end up doing for your drawer system.

ca18_sean

Adventurer
Very nice! Color matched bumpers looks sharp.

I had a two tone 3rd gen for awhile. One of my favorite trucks!

e77e632e0c560c2958aa36ef4ddffc46.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior