Potential New Owner

JPsLC

Observer
I've had my eye on a local LC100 for a while now, and I think it's time to make a purchase. The leather is a little worn, but it isn't torn. And it has 215K on the clock, but there are several receipts that looks like too much money was spent on maintenance (good for me though). Based on the pictures in the link, does $6500 sound fair?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B27u3fbQt_kbRllWTXB4b3JMOGs&authuser=0

I've read through Slee's recommended check points and have driven the vehicle, and nothing scares me so far. All input is welcome.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Your link goes to a Google sign up page. What year is the 100? A running driving 100 with "lots" of money spent on maintenance for under $7,000 is a great deal, assuming it wasn't 6' under during Katrina or a similar type of thing. I'd run a carfax and vin search and if they come up clean I'd be a happy guy paying $6500.

Of course all this is based on your very limited description as I can't see the pics...

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I'd jump on that deal if I were you! It's in very nice shape by the looks of things, and I know in my area it would be priced above $9k. It never hurts to take it to a Toyota dealer and pay them $100 to give it a once over, but I don't see how you could lose at $6k!

JPsLC

Observer
I agree with all comments so far. And I didn't answer earlier, but it's a 1998. I'm supposed to pick it up tomorrow night after another test drive.

And there is a local guy selling a wrecked 100 series that just had the interior redone, and I'm feeling a little trade coming one. A 1998 with a fresh interior, that could be hard to beat!

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I'm assuming from your username that you are coming from the dark side(J#%P)? It'll be the best move you ever make! My 15 year old 100 series with 179,000 on it drives way better than my JKUR with 25,000 did!

JPsLC

Observer
I made the jump from the dark side last week. I picked up the cruiser on Wednesday night and have made every excuse possible to drive it. You cannot beat the ride! And I'm very surprised at the maneuverability and quickness of steering. It feels like driving the grown-up version of my Cherokee.

Thanks for the input last week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles