Daily Driving an 89 RRC

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
My discovery 2 is my back up for my 2006 Ford F350. And should all else fail. My 1984 BMW 733i is the last resort.

Blueboy

Adventurer
That particular RRC has had some decent work done to it when you read the ad. Even replaced the heater core plus heater motor. And it only has 84k miles which is really low for a '89. Hell it's low for a 2004 MY vehicle. It is though an old Rangie and will need care either at the dealer if they can still work on them, private shop, or yourself if you have the tools / time. Agree with the one poster-life is short so don't drive boring cars. However this is a '89 RRC. The interior windows will fog on rainy days as the HVAC isn't the best. Cold air will come out of the dash vents on winter days while the heat is on the floor only coming out from the depths. They have other personalities that you either accept or they will drive you nuts. And they are a beast in weight which as a DD, you will notice. Even when RRCs were new, most were 2nd, 3rd, and even 4th owned cars. I will probably always own one and love driving it, yet, it will not be a DD. My 2004, 11 year old Saab 9-3 convertible with only 24k miles nicely fits that bil.

agthird

I daily drive a stock 92 with a 100k on the odometer, the only downside is the terrible gas mileage.

Last edited:

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Thank for all the info I'm sold on getting the truck, I like most of the quirky stuff about old Rover, I just have to talk my wife into right not. She was really wanting me to get an 07-08 L322 so I have to convincing to do! :)

I'm not to worried about the Mileage, If I end up with the L322 it would be going on to 32's right away witch would only be slightly better. Also were going to keep our old Liberty as it's not worth anything and would make an okay back up car.

James86004

Expedition Leader
I'd totally do it, especially one that looks that clean. My wife bought an 89 with 125k miles in 1996 and used it for her daily driver until 2000 with 220k miles, when it blew a head gasket. After I fixed that, it was her daily driver again until 2004 when we sold it with 300k miles. It only needed to be towed once, shortly before we sold it, when the fuel pump quit on the 101 in Scottsdale during rush hour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior