Early 90's Four Wheel Hawk

Toodoggone

Been lurking around for awhile enjoying this site. Really in awe of some of the adventures people have.

Looking at pulling the trigger on an early 90s Hawk. Going to take a look at the unit in a few days and was wondering what I should look for as possible indicators of future issues. The unit looks to be in good shape from the pictures I've received from the seller. Features are: The vinyl is reported to have been replaced two years ago.Wired for 12V and 110V. Exterior water and 110V hook ups. Has stove, 3 way fridge, lighting. 1200W inverter. New custom door. Roof vent with electric fan. Roof racks. Propane connection for exterior bbq. Water tank, sink with electric faucet and the original furnace.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

Seabass

Idiot
Common sense. Your gonna look for soft spots in the floor and roof. Check out the appliances. See how many work and don't. The fridge could be hard to determine. A lot of the purchase will depend on what the owner says about it. Your taking them at their word on some things. Unfortunately most people loose their sense of honesty when it comes to money.

SLO_F-250

Explorer
Make sure it will fit what you want to put it on. Early FWC's are to wide for some of the newer pickups

Correct, I had to lift my Hawk 2-1/2" to clear the cab of my superduty. Older Hawks are not exact fits for new trucks.

Check the roof edges for leaks. If the lifting panel has rot from water its a pain to replace! Just look at my thread! haha GOOD LUCK!

Toodoggone

Thanks for the replies. The camper was too big for my truck between the wheel wells. The owner thought it was smaller than it actually was. has some issues that weren't disclosed until I was there too. Good project unit for someone though.

sleepywheel

Was that the one in Kelowna? I sent him an email a while back and he never replied. Thanks for the info, his ad made it sound like it didn't need anything but there is one picture where it shows the roof on the drivers side a little concave. I guess anything that old will need work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke