New user with a Quigley E350

DougsE350

Observer
Well my reasoning is the Quigley has some pretty bad rust on the body, and the minibus will let me stand up inside while not increasing my outward size. It also gets me the huge cab chassis diesel tank that will let me be out of fuel station range longer. The front suspension and axle on the Quigley are almost brand new so I'll be retaining that cost. I'll also swap over my aux wiring systems and stereo.

DougsE350

Observer
The bus is being brought over Tuesday, did some research on it and its got 4.10 rear gears and lsd.

The biggest issue right now is the ABS module and pump were removed and lost at some point, so Ive got to track that stuff down. I really am excited to get the build going on it.

DougsE350

Observer
Any recommendation on batteries? The bus needs 2 new ones and I only want to buy them once. Its a 97 powestroke

I plan on adding extra lighting, winch, on board air ect so the more battery the better. Upgraded alternator is also on the plans

Last edited:

DougsE350

Observer
Picking up the bus got pushed to Friday at noon, so with that on hold I've been cleaning the shop. It looks like a bomb went off in there over the summer.

DougsE350

Observer
RGpV8kK.jpg

DougsE350

Observer
Alright so after a weekend of tinkering I have gotten the electrical systems to come back online, started to strip the seats out and diagnosed the "flywheel issue".

The flywheel is stripped. So Ive placed an order for a bunch of parts to get that fixed.

The other big issue now is the rust under the rubber floor mat by the gas pedal, seems to be a common issue since my blue van is rusted in the same spot. Is there a source for floor board panels or am I limited to DIY solutions?

Oh and since I forgot to mention I ended up snaggin the bus for $600 :smiley_drive:

DougsE350

Observer
So the bus is now free of seats and has a working starting system.

I think the glow plugs may not be firing since it is still taking a bit to get the thing to start.

Now I will start diving into the abs system to get this thing on the road!

DougsE350

Observer
Alright since the bus now starts, moves and kinda stops I have to address the paint. MD will not even give me a title until I prove its no longer yellow. So I present the new color (and headlights)
lBc83yv.jpg

You'll note the other colors I was playing with, but flat black with a white roof fits the theme of the race team and the build in general.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles