2016 Mercedes-AMG G65 coming to USA

REDROVER

Explorer
I dont really understand. What's so amazing about g65 that some ppl go crazy ? Isn't is the same junk that broke down in outback ??
By the way I am not talking crap about the real g wagon ,
I just don't see the point of 700 hp bling bling wanna be SUV that has 4.3 inch ground clearance from the bottom of the exhaust to ground ,
I am not one of those who talk crap because They can't afford one, that's not the case here,

Just pay attn and see who the drivers are of those (sedans aka g65) for the most part u won't be able to tell if they are male or female , maybe mix ? Lol

otiswesty

Regular guy
I dont really understand. What's so amazing about g65 that some ppl go crazy ? Isn't is the same junk that broke down in outback ??

Just pay attn and see who the drivers are of those (sedans aka g65) for the most part u won't be able to tell if they are male or female , maybe mix ? Lol

Blowing the seals on some shock absorbers doesn't really count for breaking down in the outback IMO:ylsmoke:

Canada G

Observer
if their wasn't a market for that Mercedes would't offered it. this is the same answer for the 6x6 and the 4x4 2 mercedes recently offered.

otiswesty

Regular guy
If you apply for a job at MBZ they will hire you very fast , you think just like them

A close friend of mine was the head of world wide G-class sales for over 20 years. I highly respect his opinions and would proudly say that we think alike.

Here's a picture of us presenting a worldwide G-class owner's survey to Axel Harries in Graz back in 2009. Axel has led the cross country vehicle division of Mercedes Benz for the last 8 years. I share a lot of common ground with Axel as well in our views of the G-class. I would realistically consider a management position with them, but only the top people make any real money, so it is a no go.

Attachments

• Heinz-n-Me.jpg
    Heinz-n-Me.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 26

swb

Observer
A lot of G owners, who actually use low range, would agree with you Redrover.
Me included.
Sometimes its a little hard to convince fellow offroaders that the G is a seriously good machine, when the range includes so much bling and luxury, so far removed from its roots.

otiswesty

Regular guy
Not G65, but picked up a brochure at the dealer yesterday. G550 clearance 8.07," G63 clearance 9.17"
I was surprised by the numbers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier