Ramcharger april 1 "concept"

haven

Expedition Leader
http://www.fourwheeler.com/moab-exp...r-concept-at-easter-jeep-safari-2015-in-moab/

Four Wheeler Magazine posted an April Fool's joke about a prototype Ramcharger SUV. The "concept" they made up is essentially a Power Wagon with shortened chassis, converted into an SUV -- Just like the original Ramchargers.

All joking aside, is there a place in today's market for a full size two door SUV built on a shortened pickup chassis, like the 1990s versions of Bronco and Ramcharger?

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
No market. Trucks do their jobs better. Only wheelers like us, like this concept. And most of us have moved on to purpose built vehicles. Bikes, quads, buggies, jeeps, etc. etc.

SWB tall Fullsize SUV's won't pass rollover laws without full stiff suspensions. Then there's the EPA nonsense.

thethePete

Explorer
For the same reasons we'll never see a FS Bronco revival. Even though we really, really, really want one.

AFBronco235

Crew Chief
Trust me, the FSBers out there have discussed this to no end and the answer is usually the same. It won't happen and honestly, we're not sure we'd want it to. Any new SUV off roader like the FSB or Ramcharger would just have too much electronic cr@p in them to really be worth it to us. SUVs from the 80's and early 90's seem to be at the pinnacle of off road manufacture in terms of durability and reliability and simplicity. With the current laws, making a "retro" SUV just wouldn't really be feasible here in the US.

Case in point, the Ford Troller, which looks pretty much how most of us FSBers would like a new bronco be. Only problem is, its only available in Brazil. So far, no plans to move it to the states either, due to EPA and other regulations.
http://blog.caranddriver.com/the-br...oller-t4-for-brazil-is-pretty-**************/
BTW, this one isn't an april fools joke.

Jakes01234

Explorer
My dad saw it and he was ready to purchase hahaha. Then I had to remind him of April fools and he looked like a kid that just dropped his ice cream on the ground.
He had a 93 or 92 I'm not sure. 318 4wd. Bought it new and sold it 4 years ago because he was sick of all the constant rust repair.

TheViking

Adventurer
Is this a April Fools Joke like the return on the Bronco they did a few years back, and Hot Rod did with AMC...

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: I'd get one--

scan0003b.jpg

OldCars.jpg

That 6.4 HEMI, would have a LITTLE more that the old 440s-

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Heh Heh, thanx for the note chilliwak-

Now thats a truck....:drool:

I've been hungup on yellow ever since then (70's) and I'm still a Chrysler fan-

Now it's this one-
SUNP0100_zpsgpttexpi.jpg

She's not the 6.4 HEMI, but the 395 horse 5.7/w the 8 spd auto is more than I can handle-

This one is a special edition "Stinger Yellow Ram 1500"--their limit is 2250 units for 2016--

Now Chrysler does that all the time with different models, so--IT DON'T MEAN SQUAT !, but-

It's quite a truck to drive--

CIAO

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94