U.S. alternative to Seitz top hinged windows

Lobodelmar

I may be interested in 2-4 windows if you place an order for the Seitz copies. Keep me in mind if you do.

Thanks,
Andy

david506th

Adventurer
I am putting in a Outbound order either Tomorrow or Tuesday. If anyone wants to get in on the order and try and save shipping wise speak up. I did go to Euro-Camper and asked for them to quote me Sietz S4 windows and once shipping and everything was included I was only $650 from Outbound windows. To me the quality and customer service is worth it. Outbound is getting good reviews in the EU.

David

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
When I was recently at the Portland RV show, I noticed that the T@b trailers now have dual pane acrylic awning windows were stamped as being from Polyplastics, instead of from Seitz/Dometic. A web search suggests that this is a Netherlands company that has been making the windows for European units (Knaus-Tabbert, Eifelland, etc.) for a long time and that they are pretty common and available over-the-counter in Europe. There were even a couple being sold on UK eBay.

I'm not sure that sharing this information helps anyone, as I did not see any mention of U.S. distribution of any sort. And they seem pretty much the same level of quality and complexity as the Seitz windows. (Maybe they package them for shipping better.)

david506th

Adventurer
My Outbound windows are in the mail and should be here within the week. They were a breeze to work with and very quick on emails, considering the time difference I always got a email the morning after mine was send if I had a question. I will do a full write up / picture review once I get the crate. When it came down to brass tacks, the best price for a Sietz S4 package in what I wanted was only $325 under the Outbound cost.

I placed my order on Sept 12th and got my confirmation of shipping this morning, not bad since they claim to be built to order.

S2DM

Adventurer
My Outbound windows are in the mail and should be here within the week. They were a breeze to work with and very quick on emails, considering the time difference I always got a email the morning after mine was send if I had a question. I will do a full write up / picture review once I get the crate. When it came down to brass tacks, the best price for a Sietz S4 package in what I wanted was only $325 under the Outbound cost.

I placed my order on Sept 12th and got my confirmation of shipping this morning, not bad since they claim to be built to order.

You're going to love them! Mine came really fast, and they handled customs in a much more expeditious fashion than some of my other European orders were handled.

Darwin

Explorer
Post pics and a a review when you get them, I would love to see a better alternative than the Sietz.

david506th

Adventurer
Just got the Price for Taxes/Import Duties: $445.70 for the entire box. Was hoping for less but not like I get a say in the matter.... forgive me while I go and throw some tea in the harbor here.

david506th

Adventurer
The box arrived late yesterday at my dock and was received in by one of my employees. I went down this morning to check it out and was happy to find a large plywood box that had been thoughtfully constructed. That ended though when I found out that someone had put a forklift arm through the bottom of the box. After a talk with receiving on checking products I began to take apart the box. It was tapped with shipping tape at all seams, wrapped by four sets of straps and then screwed together with 4" screws. A great way to put a box together for shipping.... no crappy cardboard here. After opening the box I was happy to find that at least 2 inches of polystyrene foam board was around the entire box but the portioned that was jabbed had a extra layer of plywood and a extra 2 inchs of foam. On top of that, every item is bubble wrapped and another foam board between each product. The packaging alone made me know that quality is inside if someone takes such care in shipping.

I had to get back to work but so far, it looks to be a great product that I look forward to installing. Also a side note, I was miss quoted and custom duties were $140.00 not $440.00.

David

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Very good information! Thank you. It's very difficult to ship expensive, fragile freight around the globe. Did they include any adhesive or did they recommend any?

S2DM

Adventurer
Their website has a great little instructional video on installation. The outer flange is the only part that is glued in, I believe they recommend Sika 252.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles