Feeler: Slo-Sails Flippac rainfly, green, 2 windows.

Camelfilter

Explorer
--->Fly is SOLD!<---

sold 5/20/15, thanks!

For sale-$325 shipped CONUS.

(No longer a feeler, got my new fly...)

A Slo-Sails rainfly for a Flippac.
Has 2 windows, and the standard 4 vents.
Has all of the buckles for straps, but is missing several of the webbing straps (standard ?1" webbing). Buyer to replace straps at there cost. Edit: found webbing locally, so it will be included!

Very good condition, I treated it with Nikwax SolarProof after I got it with my FP(last year).

Age-Don't know.
Condition-very good.
Reason for sale-Color, I just ordered a grey one.

Thanks.

I'll see if I can get some pictures of its current condition later in the week, probably after tuesday.

Last edited:

Camelfilter

Explorer
-Bump-

I just received my new rain fly, but the color seems a bit off to me (I ordered a grey, and they sent an olive drab), so this post remains a feeler still until my new one gets resolved...

image.jpg

Green color of the one I'll be selling, "olive drab" they just sent me next to 2 versions of what I call grey.

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
Just throwing this out of you are on the fence.

I just camped with my new-to-me SLO fly. It was in the 40s and for the first time I had no condensation inside with 3 of us and a dog. Ventilation a huge improvement, seeing out windows a major plus, and I don't mind the green after the FRP blue.

GLWS

Camelfilter

Explorer
Just throwing this out of you are on the fence.

I just camped with my new-to-me SLO fly. It was in the 40s and for the first time I had no condensation inside with 3 of us and a dog. Ventilation a huge improvement, seeing out windows a major plus, and I don't mind the green after the FRP blue.

GLWS

Thanks!

Plus this one I've already treated with nikwax Solarproof (waterproofer / uv protectant).

I "should" be able to set it up & get pictures of it in its current condition tomorrow.

Camelfilter

Explorer
Just set it up in the drive, still great condition!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The blaze orange streamers are simply tied to the vent stays. My last camping with my FP was during deer hunting season, so wanted the visibility. They slide simply untie if you don't want to use them.

billy bee

Adventurer
Not sure if any of you recall, but I was instrumental in designing the SLO Sails and Canvas fly. This one has all the bells and whistles. I ordered mine just like this, although my windows are semi-circular to match the line of the FP tent windows. I really like the green. It's a good color for camping in the west. Looks beautiful among the costal oaks and redwoods. Mine is green. I think they should all be green...

Anyway, just a nod to a nice fly at a good price.

GLWS,
bb

Camelfilter

Explorer
Thanks bb & a humongous thanks for getting Slo Sails to make these! Great folks to work with, but like all things custom they are pricey.

Camelfilter

Explorer
I just accepted a job out in Oregon, so the fly will be available for sale for about another month. Then I'll pack it up for the move, and it will be available after unpacking...I figure I'll be able to get to it again mid July.

Thanks!

Last edited:

billy bee

Adventurer
I just accepted a job out in Oregon, so the fly will be available for sale for about another month. Then I'll pack it up for the move, and it will be available after unpacking...I figure I'll be able to get to it again mid July.

Thanks!

Welcome to the West Coast. It's nice to lighten ones load prior to a move. Hope this sells for you before you have to pack it up. God knows as soon as you cannot get to it you'll find a buyer for it.

One of the reasons SLO Sails was successful with the fly was because there was some pent-up demand for the product and the old, blue flies would sell instantly here. I think much of that demand has been met and used flies sell a little more slowly. AT sells SLO Sails flies with their new FlipPacs...or at least they did early on.

Hang on. It'll find a home. You may also let the folks at AT know you are selling yours. They may point a buyer your way.

Good luck with the move,
Bill

Camelfilter

Explorer
Thanks BB, I just took a position in Salem Oregon. I worked for a short time about an hour N from there in Hillsboro. It's super nice country! Life's twists and turns made me leave, but thankfully I can go back.

No rush to sell, but your rite it would be nice-one less thing to worry about...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne