Share ideas for back seat storage

cwvandy

Adventurer
I have removed the rear seat of my Tundra and looking for ideas for creating storage solutions which use rear seat anchor points (shelves, tie downs, etc). Would love to see what others have done.

Thirty-Nine

Explorer
I'll see if I can snap some pics, but I've run a cargo net (the kind that go in the rear cargo area of a car/truck/suv) across the vehicle behind the front seats. Makes for a quick, easy-access storage space.

BigBrokenZJ

I'm actually in the middle of building my rear storage for my 2003 Ram 2500 QC..

Maybe this will help you out.

I'm still waiting on my drawer slides to come in to build a fridge slide, but you get the idea.

The false floor attaches to the rear of the seat frame with two j hooks on webbing, and then two turn buckles to brackets I attached to the front seat bolts.

D8CF3F7B-BED6-4E36-BEBA-035C6A63B801.jpg

D8CF3F7B-BED6-4E36-BEBA-035C6A63B801.jpg

E92335DB-D225-4266-85DC-F30A22A80D38.jpg

I added a 12v plug near the rear cupholder for the fridge.

...ignore the dog hair.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
I rather use this and strap it to the back. Allow for quick removal and it's all self contained and it doubles as a table.
Looks pricey
Loadmaster medical case
View attachment 282522

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aaen

Adventurer
Haha, brilliant idea. Quick and easy access to the tennis ball for fido!! Love it.

Regards

Steve

I suffer from fat finger syndrome and a tiny keyboard on an iPhone. So I apologize for the typos and misspellings.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Did you purchase from them? Not much info on that website, but looks like a nice idea.

Didn't buy it. Was looking for ideas and that one looks nice. Wish there was more pictures so I can see if I could build one similar

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AdventureHare

Outfitting for Adv
I watched a video of a vehicle walk-around (DII from England, youtube: overland-rovers) and he had a nice rear seat set-up that allowed "really useful boxes" to slide in from either side, while the center was a storage for things that needed quick access but hidden like cameras and snacks. (IIRC, part 3 has the back seat stuff but all 4 parts are worth watching)

He said that he designed his storage so that he only ever had to move 1 thing to get to something else. I really liked that idea. Also, he selected boxes that were easy to handle and then built around them. I like the idea of boxes instead of drawers. I lose things in drawers. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles