Kakadu BushRanger 200/Camper 9 tent for sale

gbohnstedt

SOLD - Kakadu BushRanger 200/Camper 9 tent for sale

Expedition trailer with trailer tent for sale: $4500. Tent includes multi-level sleeping areas - upper level is queen-sized plus (extra 6" around bed for books, etc. Includes 6" thick mattress (quite comfortable). Lower sleeping area is 96" x 86" and the Annex is 160" x 94". I've had the trailer for less than a year and camped only 4 nights with it. It is an excellent tent and well put together, but it is a handful to setup and breakdown for a solo camper like myself. I've used it once with my 4 boys but they won't be old enough to help with breakdown and setup for at least 4 more years. See a review on Expedition Portal by a family here: http://expeditionportal.com/the-kakadu-review/ As they say the best things about the setup is not having to hassle with bedding every time you fold up the tent. My tent and trailer are largely the same as the one they used and reviewed. I'm including the Annex walls as well, to enclose the area under the awning (160" x 94") which allows you to sleep at least ten people inside the tent. I will sell the tent and awning and walls separately for $3,000. Realize that you will need a 4x7 trailer that is 42" high to mount the tent correctly.
In Lehi, UT. gbohnstedt@gmail.com or 801-362-7165.
Setup of the tent shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=P_iZ_3nLqjw Extras include a hitch receiver on the back of the trailer and a spare tire and wheel with tongue mount.

aussie_style.jpg

IMG_2685_1024x1024.JPG

Mfr's image: Tongue box, water and propane mounts not included.
ridgeline_zenith_1024x1024.jpg

Image shows Zenith rather than Camper 9. Tents are very similar.
Rig on the way to Capitol Reef.jpg Photo of rig last Saturday on the way to Capitol Reef. Froze my tail off.

Last edited:

gbohnstedt

Expedition trailer with trailer tent for sale: $4500. Tent includes multi-level sleeping areas - upper level is queen-sized plus (extra 6" around bed for books, etc. Includes 6" thick mattress (quite comfortable). Lower sleeping area is 96" x 86" and the Annex is 160" x 94". I've had the trailer for less than a year and camped only 4 nights with it. It is an excellent tent and well put together, but it is a handful to setup and breakdown for a solo camper like myself. I've used it once with my 4 boys but they won't be old enough to help with breakdown and setup for at least 4 more years. See a review on Expedition Portal by a family here: http://expeditionportal.com/the-kakadu-review/ As they say the best things about the setup is not having to hassle with bedding every time you fold up the tent. My tent and trailer are largely the same as the one they used and reviewed. I'm including the Annex walls as well, to enclose the area under the awning (160" x 94") which allows you to sleep at least ten people inside the tent. I will sell the tent and awning and walls separately for $3,000. Realize that you will need a 4x7 trailer that is 42" high to mount the tent correctly.
In Lehi, UT. gbohnstedt@gmail.com or 801-362-7165.

Setup of the tent shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=P_iZ_3nLqjw Extras include a hitch receiver on the back of the trailer and a spare tire and wheel with tongue mount.

aussie_style.jpg

IMG_2685_1024x1024.JPG

Mfr's image: Tongue box, water and propane mounts not included.
ridgeline_zenith_1024x1024.jpg

Image shows Zenith rather than Camper 9. Tents are very similar.
View attachment 279439 Photo of rig last Saturday on the way to Capitol Reef. Froze my tail off.

Kakadu camping (1280x960).jpg
Camping with the 4 Mouseketeers. Lots of enthusiasm, not much know-how.

ridgeline_zenith_sunroom_1024x1024.jpg

With awning walls.

Last edited:

kastiron

Oh! I like this a lot!

I dont suppose you are considering a road trip to the black hills or anywhere in Nebraska any time soon?

Ray Hyland

Expedition Leader
It was our family that did the review. They are a good trailer, well made, simple, and tons of room.

Good luck with the sale.

gbohnstedt

Wow so cool! And I'm so close!

Orny, you are welcome to come down and check it out, if you'd like. But not this weekend, I have an exhausting expedition:REOutCampFire03: to a small oasis in the middle of the trackless desert planned for this weekend. It involves significant travel to that truly foreign land known as 'Vegas'. During which I will dress myself in unusual and colorful garb whilst chasing a little white ball with several sticks and profusely swearing at it. The local natives seem to enjoy watching us overlander types:sombrero: trying to master their game. It, like many things, is more fun to anticipate and talk about than it is to actually do it. As irritating as this sport is (it will never catch on in the rest of civilized lands) it is highly preferable to their games of 'chance'. The land is best enjoyed finding a quiet spot next to some trees by a small pool of water and settling down with a refreshing beverage to gaze at the wildlife. :Wow1:That never gets old.

kastiron

Well, I gave it one heck of a run with the better half last night.

Apparently, it is missing some of the required creature comforts..

Story of my life. If I lived closer, it would simply "show up" one day and I would deal with the consequences rather than obtaining permission.. :Wow1:

Good luck with it, someone with a more rugged wife or none at all will end up with a really nice rig!

gbohnstedt

Well, I gave it one heck of a run with the better half last night.

Apparently, it is missing some of the required creature comforts..

Story of my life. If I lived closer, it would simply "show up" one day and I would deal with the consequences rather than obtaining permission.. :Wow1:

Good luck with it, someone with a more rugged wife or none at all will end up with a really nice rig!

Hey, man. Happy wife, happy life. On the other hand, no wife, no need for permission.

Last edited:

ZGKiwi

Whats the difference between camper 9 tent and the zenith they now offer?

Just the standard leaf spring axle not the Timbren upgrade?

gbohnstedt

The newer Zenith has a zipper above the rear door to the tent, allowing you to add a small bathroom tent. The axle is leaf sprung. It is surprising, even shocking, how much stuff you can pack in the 4' x 7' x 21" space under the tent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94