12V DC fridge

dags

Adventurer
I'm research putting a 12V DC fridge into my truck camper - can I ask what brand/model they use in EarthRoamer etc?

nick disjunkt

Adventurer
From memory I saw vitrifrigo fridges, although they may have had Waeco units. Most of the decent compressor fridges use danfoss compressors so it's just a matter of choosing a fridge with good insulation and robust construction.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
The Waeco/Dometic has a danfross compressor as well.

Im running one of their smaller units.

Fantastic fridge. Super efficient, very quiet, and looks great!

chassis257.jpg

dags

Adventurer
IdaSHo looks great, may I ask which model Waeco this is and which supplier you used to buy? Was also wondering what type of Solar Capacity you are using to run the fridge?

All the information supplied is much appreciated!

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
The model is CR-1065

PDF here:

http://www.marinewarehouse.net/images/waeco/CR Series.pdf

I pulled it from a dealer that sells on ebay.

Price was the cheapest I could find when you factor in shipping, and Paypal adds a bit of security when it comes to damage in shipping, so I went for it.

Seller ID is boatandrvaccessories

Here is a current listing, although this one is white. I snagged a stainless one.

The unit draws less than 4 amps on average.

I have 200watts of 48v panels that more than keep up.

zelatore

Explorer
I'd recommend Waeco or Dometic as well. Not a huge fan of Norcold. In the boating world we used to refer to them as 'no-cold'. In particular the door gaskets used to break down and compress after a few years causing a poor seal and making the thing run all the time.
I have a Waeco of similar size to the unit shown above in my boat. It's been running constantly now for about 10 years. It is beginning to get a little noisy though, so I suspect I'll eventually have to pull it out and have a look at the compressor. Since its a remote-mount compressor, it really opens up the mounting options and makes the interior much larger than similar sized untis from other brands as it doesn't have that large kick-out at the bottom that eats us so much internal volume.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles