Wheel advice

rcharrette

Adventurer
Hi all, we've had our 2008 LR3 for 4 years now and love it. We put ALOT of miles on it traveling about 8 month each year towing our 27' Kodiak camper. Anyway, I've replaced the tires 2 times now (2nd time damaged a tire) and I'm done with these 19" rims. As you all know tire selection sucks and they cost a fortune.
So, I'm looking for suggestions. I was thinking of going with 18" wheels, that opens up a lot of options correct? Things to consider:
I tow a 6K LB camper through Colorado and around the west regularly. I want to keep the same outer tire radius so as not to lose power.
My truck is black and I'm horrible with deciding what will look good! Would love to see pic's of your black LR3 with different rims.
I was just going to stop in a Big O tire and see what they have but thought I'd check here first.
Thanks for the help.

rcharrette

Adventurer
A few more specific questions.
What is the bolt pattern I'm looking for?
I'm seeing some 18" Freelander wheels. Would those fit? Are all Land Rovers, D2, LR3 and Freelander the same bolt pattern?

schwing

D2 wheels will not fit unless you want to modify them, I believe the center bore is a different size. Your stuck with looking for oem 18s from an LR3 as far as I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derel1cte

Adventurer
Freelander wheels will not fit. It has a different pattern and hub bore.

Just get yourself some 10 spoke 18" wheels off of an LR3 V8 SE. They come in 2 styles:

8824abec77_800.jpg

2006_land_rover_lr3_4dr_v8_wgn_se_black_98363760870392676.jpg

They show up on ebay and Craigslist all the time. Do not buy the 5 spoke wheels from a V6 LR3, they will not fit over the front calipers.

Mack73

Adventurer
They show up on ebay and Craigslist all the time. Do not buy the 5 spoke wheels from a V6 LR3, they will not fit over the front calipers.

What? Yes of course they do

< ran the 5 spoke 18's on my 08 HSE before switching to v6 brakes and 17"

rcharrette

Adventurer
Thanks for the replies. I like the look of those black 5 spoke OEM's. SRSCHICK, did you have to go through your dealer for those?

srschick

Adventurer
Thanks for the replies. I like the look of those black 5 spoke OEM's. SRSCHICK, did you have to go through your dealer for those?

Ebay, $500 shipped for set of 4.
Sold my 19s for the same price. (minus $75 shipping costs)
only problem was I couldn't seem to find a single 5 spoke after purchasing the set of 4, so I have to get by with the 10 spoke for a spare.

Derel1cte

Adventurer
What? Yes of course they do

< ran the 5 spoke 18's on my 08 HSE before switching to v6 brakes and 17"

Huh, I guess I got these confused with the OEM 17" wheels that came on some LR3 V6, but after some reading it appears those only came on S models that weren't sold in the US.

Mack73

Adventurer
Huh, I guess I got these confused with the OEM 17" wheels that came on some LR3 V6, but after some reading it appears those only came on S models that weren't sold in the US.

Yup, 17's were never sold here... only a couple sets in the country ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz