Apple Watch and its competitors

haven

Expedition Leader
While there are watch threads in the Expedition Clothing section, I'm starting the Apple Watch thread here. Apple Watch is apparel, timepiece, and objet d' art. But it has the potential to be much more. It's all about the software.

Several tech bloggers received advance copies of the Apple Watch, and are posting initial impressions. What to do if you're not one of the favored few? You post a link to reviews on other sites. Here's one that's pretty complete
http://liliputing.com/2015/04/apple-watch-review-roundup.html

Pre-orders for Apple Watch start online at midnight on April 10. You can also make an appointment at an Apple Store to view an Apple Watch before ordering.

haven

Expedition Leader
Looks like the first batch of Apple Watch is sold out. Just hours after pre-orders began, Apple's pre-ordering web site reported delivery had slipped to June.
http://www.macrumors.com/2015/04/10/apple-watch-sold-out-launch-day/

While most all Apple stores will have demo models of the Watch and Watch Sport. The Apple Watch Edition (the one with a gold case and 5 figure price tag) will be demonstrated only in select stores. For example, on the San Francisco peninsula there are 7 Apple stores, but only the downtown SF and Palo Alto stores have the Edition on display. Demos are by appointment only.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
The difference is, most of those android phones were had for free. not paying a premium for **** product. Again, a lot of people drank the kool aid. The lemmings probably don't even know that there were a good amount of these watches available before apple ever designed theirs. But apples is the one that started it all I bet they are saying. People complain about apples battery life, apples answer is you don't want better battery life. ha ha. arrogant jewels..

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
The difference is, most of those android phones were had for free. not paying a premium for **** product. Again, a lot of people drank the kool aid. The lemmings probably don't even know that there were a good amount of these watches available before apple ever designed theirs. But apples is the one that started it all I bet they are saying. People complain about apples battery life, apples answer is you don't want better battery life. ha ha. arrogant jewels..

I only paid 300 bucks for my phone. Far from a premium. Even if they did pay a premium, it's the decision to spend their money however they desire isn't it? You're obviously just a troll and will not be responded to after this. The other so called watches you are referring to do not offer the same options.
Droid batteries do not last longer than iPhone Now go away troll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gmoneyluv

+1 again. And we use apple products. Been using them for over 20 years. This watch is laughable. "Johnny has lost the plot."

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
+1 again. And we use apple products. Been using them for over 20 years. This watch is laughable. "Johnny has lost the plot."

I guess your +1 proves something huh? If you don't like the thing don't buy it. Simple as that. See how that works?

Scott Brady

Founder
Yeah, all I really find appealing are the health tools, but I suspect other devices are just as good at that, if not better.

Scott Brady

Founder
I guess your +1 proves something huh? If you don't like the thing don't buy it. Simple as that. See how that works?

I don't see these guys as being antagonistic, just offering a different opinion. The point of these threads is discussion- right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior