GX470 Lift Options

BenBaccus

Hey guys, I'm new to overlanding and I am extremely interested in getting into it. My plan for a base vehicle is a 2004 Lexus Gx470. I have done a lot of reading on here about how to lift them. The only problem is I don't want to break the bank. I've read that some have done a complete old man emu kit but I cant find anything online about it. Would the best option be to do the rear coil over conversion and get rid of the air bags all together? What are the other options? Most of what I read just confuses me.

Thanks,
Ben

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Welcome to ExPo Ben. You might find more info in the FJ Cruiser and 4Runner section as they share the same chassis as your GX?

CodyY

Explorer
Basically anything that fits the same gen Tacoma/4runner will work.

I'd be looking at Toytec and ditch the rear bags (unless they have been replaced recently) any time after 100k miles they can leak without warning.

Toytec coilovers and 2" max on 33's makes a great combo. Don't get hung up on ride height, maintaining ride quality and clearance is more important. So ditching the front bumper and the steps will do more than 5" of "lift" will do

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior