Fujifilm X-T1 discussion

Sirocco

Explorer
The XT10 looks interesting.

Good price with the same performance as the XT1. No sealing though.

Cant decide wether to upgrade my D90 to the D7200 (I have a few DX lenses) or get this thing!

Im mostly in my truck so space isn't usually a problem and I have lugged my DSLR all over the world when without my truck... hmmm.

Thanks for bringing this up Christophe.

G

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
Nice bike fresh,

Any goodies under the hood? I have a 2001 Road glide Screamin eagle, with a fully built 95". It pulls REALLY HARD, but I need to change the pipe somehow. Just hate the sound of it. ha ha. vance & hines Pro pipe with modded baffle. I don't want to make a big change right now as I pull really close to my friends supercharged 96" street glide.

screamin eagle intake (ill change it out to a big sucker), vance and hines fuelpak and Rinehart true duals. its plenty fast. swapped out the wheels to 21 front and 18 rear, lowered the front and rear 2" and some other stuff

briansocal

Observer
If you're considering a crop frame camera, I'd suggest that the Fuji models are at the top of the heap, easily. The quality and selection of glass is outstanding.

The only time I'd have to pause and think it through would be if considering a full frame system vs the Fuji system. Even then, the small size wins for me. I think the X-T1 beats my Nikon D700 easily on image quality. Comparing it to a recent full frame system it wouldn't be such an easy choice.

briansocal

Observer
The X-T1 is the flagship as of this time. The X-Pro1 was the previous flagship. They are shaped differently and handle differently, with some overlapping features, and some differences. Most likely, the two lines will continue with an X-Pro2 coming in the not so distant future, and an X-T2 sometime in 2016.

I'd imagine they are blowing the X-Pro line out right now to milk the end of that model.

There's nothing wrong with the X-Pro1, but it's a little longer in the tooth, and it is apparently not as "fast" as the newer X-T1 line.

Last edited:

Expedition Leader
The X-T1 is the flagship as of this time. The X-Pro1 was the previous flagship. They are shaped differently and handle differently, with some overlapping features, and some differences. Most likely, the two lines will continue with an X-Pro2 coming in the not so distant future, and an X-T2 sometime in 2016.

I'd imagine they are blowing the X-Pro line out right now to milk the end of that model.

There's nothing wrong with the X-Pro1, but it's a little longer in the tooth, and it is apparently not as "fast" as the newer X-T1 line.

Thanks for the explanation!

landsharkman

Adventurer
My Fuji XT1 system is my play/personal work camera. I love the versatility it gives me. Today I received the new 90mm F2 lens and my system is complete, I now have 2 X-T1 bodies, 1 X-Pro1 body, 14mm f2.8 ,16mm f1.2, 23mm f1.4, 56mm 1.2, 90mm f2,10mm-24mm f4.0 zoom, 16mm-55mm f2.8 zoom, 55mm-200mm f.35-f4.8 zoom.
Now when I am shooting street stuff I will take two bodies, the 14, 16, 23, 56 and 90. When I am shooting landscapes or traveling in the truck I will take the three zooms. Works out great

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
My Fuji System is so easy to take around. X-S1, X10 and some extra cards and stuff. all in a little light weight backpack. The lenses on these two cameras are excellent. I get a super long reach with the X-S1, and get a small compact carry around with good range with my X10. No need to swap lenses anymore.

Sirocco

Explorer
So I bought my X-T1 on Saturday, took it out Sunday, great. I was very happy with it. Went to download the new firmware tonight (Monday) and whilst the body updated to V4.0 the lens reverted to V0.0. No problem I thought, I will update the lens with the latest firmware. I cant even get it to look at the firmware file as it gives me an error when I choose 'Lens'.

I have emailed Fuji with my concern as the shop is over 100km away from me.

Anyone else had issues with updates?

G

briansocal

Observer
The firmware updates that I've done have gone smoothly. I hadn't heard of people having issues with these updates. After a bit of googling, I did find a couple of references to 0.00 firmware related to lenses. Unfortunately, it looks like those people ended up having to send the lenses back to Fuji.

What a drag, although it seems to be an exceedingly rare issue based on the very limited info out there on the net.

Sirocco

Explorer
Rare issue and me seem to go hand in hand!

It turned out to be the body. The shop (DigiDirect in Melbourne) were really good and just swapped it out for me. We installed the new firmware and all is well. Interestingly the one I have is the one build straight after the one that broke. I have been out shooting with it today and I am really enjoying it. Its going to make a great travel camera.

bye bye Nikon

G

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
So, I've decided to pop for another X-T1 body as well as the 50-140 lens. I'm now on the fence as to whether or not I want to also spring for the 10-24 or the 56mm/1.4.

Decisions, decisions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94