Fujifilm X-T1 discussion

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Christophe,

On your home page article for the White Rim ride, how much of the photography was done with the XT1?

http://expeditionportal.com/first-big-ride-rocky-mountain-sherpa/
IMG_0439-Version-3.jpeg

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I love my XT1s, wonderful all around camera system, great size, great lenses, great sensor, even if the "ISO is off". Do the big Canon and Nikon cameras do more yes, but so does my Hassy/Phase setup do some things better than both Nikon and Canon. Each camera system has plus and minus, depending on what one wants or needs. For the vast majority of shooters here the Fuji XT1 is more than capable of producing jaw dropping images.

That's what it's about. Not whats in the bag, its what comes out of whats in the bag. I am a Fuji Lover. I think I will probably jump on the X-T1. If my son makes the University Hockey team, I WILL grab a used D3 of some variant for some awesome hockey shots.

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
Trevor, If you ever feel like moving the X-T1 out of the family, look me up. Also, how does the 810 compare to the d4s? I know there's fairly significant price difference. But since Nikon released the D3, I really been intrigued by them for sports. My son plays hockey and the stadium is hard to shoot in. I figure the d4s would kill in there.

I will be keeping the x-t1, at least until the xpro-2 or xt2 comes along. I do really like the camera and actually prefer using it day in and day out more than my D810, minor quirks aside. The lenses are what really makes the system though, especially the 23 and 56 1.4's.

As for the D810 to D4s comparison I can't comment having never used a D4s. I will say the D810 is about as perfect a camera as I've used, and also the most unforgiving.

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
Agreed. The XT-1 is not yet a replacement for the best from Canon and Nikon. The new 5D also raises the bar on resolution to the next galaxy.

The XT-1 is a perfect travel camera, and for me, it is brilliant on the motorcycle.

I feel it is also important to note that the XT-1 is their first foray into this type of body. I suspect the XT-2 is going to be pretty rad.

The ISO revelation also REALLY provides some insights. I was exposure compensating (easy on this camera) to adjust for the darker images.
xt1 is however a replacement for silmilar price/feature cameras from both Nikon and canon IMO

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Christophe,

Thank you for chiming in on this thread as well. I asked this question on the home page as well and you answered there with great detail. These nice shot. Glad the camera worked out well. Also, I liked hearing the feedback on the bike.

kojackJKU

Was just looking at that bike, and It reminds me to get my *** in gear to finish my builds. I have my 94/96 specialized rockhopper a1 FS comp that I brought back to life with some new gear. And I bought a KRANKED full suspension bike for my son and He does not ride so I am going to rebuild to a FS for me. Ditch all the heavy crap on it and replace it with good solid products. the Frame is aluminum and is ready for Disc's in the rear so I am going to build off the frame and see what I can come up with.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Since I'm hoping this thread has got people thinking of buying the X-T1, we should use this thread to talk about rumors for the X-T2. Based on normal lifecycle, I'm sure it will be released mid 2016.

Thoughts on date, sensor…etc?

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
nope. no need to. and you cant go by that either. look at the xpro1...

Worry less about the next best thing. especially with Fuji.

kojackJKU

nope. no need to. and you cant go by that either. look at the xpro1...

Worry less about the next best thing. especially with Fuji.

Yep, because Fuji hits it out of the part on the first try most times and don't fall into marketingitus like the others.

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
Here are some other shots taken this weekend at our local mtb race where my friend and Salsa sponsored rider Kaitlyn not only beat the entire field of women in the 50 mile event, she did it on a singlespeed. This was shot from a balcony with the 50-140 WR 2.8 lens. Tack sharp. Easy to shoot and a fine lens. The second shot is of Ben, one of Salsa's brand ambassadors. Same lens.

It has taken me a little time to dial in my action shots, but it is a solid action shooter. Not as good as my Canon 5D by any stretch, but I'm learning.

DSCF0603%201_zpscizsci7x.jpg

DSCF0680_zpsouhike7o.jpg

MattScott

Approved Vendor
Fuji has been grabbing my interest lately, so I bought an XE-1 on eBay for relatively cheap ($250 AUD). I know it's not the XT-1, but it has a few similarities and it's a familiar form-factor for me as lately I've become used to rangefinders.

The XT-1 is a step ahead of the XE-1, but regardless I'm rather lukewarm about the camera in general. I just feel a bit 'disconnected' from the overall image. I see the benefit of the digital viewfinder, but I just can't get used to it after the wide-open viewfinder of my other camera. I'm glad I tested the water with the cheaper version.

Long story short, I'm really excited for what Fuji is doing and if they came out with an X-Pro 2 (the optical viewfinder is must) I'd be willing to switch over.

kojackJKU

You will never see an optical finder in the fujis. Only way your getting that is with the s pro series. The electronic viewfinder does take some getting used to, but stick with it, it will be a non issue soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94