Fujifilm X-T1 discussion

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I was out in our park yesterday evening in florida and got some cool photos of a couple of small gators crusing around the pond. Love the 600mm zoom lens on my X-S1. Shooting with it is awesome.

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
Fuji has been grabbing my interest lately, so I bought an XE-1 on eBay for relatively cheap ($250 AUD). I know it's not the XT-1, but it has a few similarities and it's a familiar form-factor for me as lately I've become used to rangefinders.

The XT-1 is a step ahead of the XE-1, but regardless I'm rather lukewarm about the camera in general. I just feel a bit 'disconnected' from the overall image. I see the benefit of the digital viewfinder, but I just can't get used to it after the wide-open viewfinder of my other camera. I'm glad I tested the water with the cheaper version
From what I've been told, the XT1's EVF is considerably better than that of the XE-1. I do find that I feel that same slight disconnect with the actual image that you speak of. I feel the "blackout" period between shots is noticeable, particularly when shooting action shots in the continuous shooting mode. I also find I have to trust in the image more than I do with the 5D. But, I continue to get great images out of the XT1.

kojackJKU

My Fuji X100 has both... you can use either, or a hybrid of the two.
My X10 has both too. But still not a great view finder, but it works. The evf in my X-S1 is actually really good once you put the its an EVF out of your mind. Plus you can get extra information through the EVF that could not be available through a traditional optical finder. Once you get used to it its pretty nifty and handy.

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
From what I've been told, the XT1's EVF is considerably better than that of the XE-1. I do find that I feel that same slight disconnect with the actual image that you speak of. I feel the "blackout" period between shots is noticeable, particularly when shooting action shots in the continuous shooting mode. I also find I have to trust in the image more than I do with the 5D. But, I continue to get great images out of the XT1.

as someone who has both, they are totally different cameras in every way.

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
new stuff is always awesome. Nice glass. another thing I like a bout Fuji, and also Olympus is the glass. They take their time and design it right. You look at canon they have umpteen different 18-55mm range lenses instead of 1 or 2 awesome ones.
basically
I had 16-35 2.8L, 24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8L and 300 2.8L when i had canon.

Now that fuji has replaced all of that (albeit the wide end with an f/4) im 100% back to where i was with canon. i rarely used the 300 in the past few years i had it, so its a wash.

I used the 50-140 yesterday and am happy with it. Its cool that there is a slide out tab that you can use to reach in and adjust your CP filter.
2007 Street Glide by Grant Wilson, on Flickr

briansocal

Observer
I have been considering lightening up my kit for some time. Coming from a Nikon D700 full frame with a 24-70 and 16-35, the smaller Fuji X-T1 seemed like it might just be a godsend.

Several weeks back, I took the plunge and ordered a X-T1 kit with the 18-55 lens and an additional 10-24. Short review: I love it.

The "kit" 18-55 is fantastic, and despite the variable aperture (f4 at 55mm), I honestly think it is comparable to the image quality of the Nikon 24-70 it replaced. My plan was to sell the 18-55 and pick up the 16-55 2.8, but I may just keep the 18-55 as it is considerably lighter and works wonderfully.

The 10-24 is on par with (if not a bit better than) the Nikon 16-35 it is replacing. The only ultrawide I prefer over this Fuji is the massive and expensive Nikon 14-24, which is just a complete pain to schlep around, doesn't take filters, etc.

The files coming out of the Fuji look great, Raw or Jpg. I use both Lightroom and Capture One for Raw processing, so I'm not bothered by any weirdness that the Adobe converters may have with the Fuji files.

For someone looking for a small kit, I don't think you can go wrong with the X-T1.

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
I have been considering lightening up my kit for some time. Coming from a Nikon D700 full frame with a 24-70 and 16-35, the smaller Fuji X-T1 seemed like it might just be a godsend.

Several weeks back, I took the plunge and ordered a X-T1 kit with the 18-55 lens and an additional 10-24. Short review: I love it.

The "kit" 18-55 is fantastic, and despite the variable aperture (f4 at 55mm), I honestly think it is comparable to the image quality of the Nikon 24-70 it replaced. My plan was to sell the 18-55 and pick up the 16-55 2.8, but I may just keep the 18-55 as it is considerably lighter and works wonderfully.

The 10-24 is on par with (if not a bit better than) the Nikon 16-35 it is replacing. The only ultrawide I prefer over this Fuji is the massive and expensive Nikon 14-24, which is just a complete pain to schlep around, doesn't take filters, etc.

The files coming out of the Fuji look great, Raw or Jpg. I use both Lightroom and Capture One for Raw processing, so I'm not bothered by any weirdness that the Adobe converters may have with the Fuji files.

For someone looking for a small kit, I don't think you can go wrong with the X-T1.

love mine. i have the 10-24, 16-55, 550-160 and couldnt be happier.

kojackJKU

Nice bike fresh,

Any goodies under the hood? I have a 2001 Road glide Screamin eagle, with a fully built 95". It pulls REALLY HARD, but I need to change the pipe somehow. Just hate the sound of it. ha ha. vance & hines Pro pipe with modded baffle. I don't want to make a big change right now as I pull really close to my friends supercharged 96" street glide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior