Storage space behind 3rd row in 5th gen 4Runner

baldy77

I am hoping someone can show me pictures or provide info as to how much space is available behind the 3rd row in the 5th gen 4Runner. We currently have two young children and just got the news we're having twins. We currently have a 2008 sequoia which has been and will remain the family long distance trip vehicle, a tacoma double cab which will no longer be able to haul the family, and an accord which we'll be getting rid of. I was wanting to replace my wife's accord with a 4Runner outfitted with the 3rd row option for around town trips. The biggest concern is whether or not a double stroller can fit in the cargo space behind the 3rd row. If anyone has experience with this, I'd appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

-Dave

4eigner

Observer
Maybe it's time to find out if any manufacturers make a 4wd minivan?

Sorry, I have nothing to add to this post in regards to your question.
Congratulations on the family extension!

baldy77

It's not much. Maybe 10-12" from hatch to back of rear seat.

Thanks BKG, that might be enough. The 4Runner would only be for around town and not for long trips; that's what the sequoia is for. I'm pretty set on getting the 4Runner so we'll make it work.

grampswrx

Observer
not a chance on earth you can fit a double stroller behind the third row of a 4runner. My wife has a 2012 limited with the 3rd row and you can't even fit a bag of groceries back there. Our best bet has been to keep one of the rear seats folded flat in order to fit the stroller. When we have a 3rd kid that is going to need a spot, the oldest will be relegated to the 3rd row or we will be trading it in. It's super small.

23444d1261606355-2010-4runner-third-row-seats-option-pc231319.jpg

grampswrx

Observer
You can see at the floor you are less than 12" from the edge. At the shoulder of the seat you are probably closer to 6". Unless you have the worlds smallest double stroller, forget about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles