Rigid Industries :: D-Series :: Dually & D2

RigidIndustries

We often here these referred to as the gateway light... it's where the obsession with turning night into day begins! :D

Big Power in a Small Package

The Rigid Industries D-Series LED Light is one of the most versatile lighting products on the market today. It produces extremely high output while consuming very little power. Its compact size and shape allows it to fit almost anywhere and be used for virtually any lighting application.

Torture Tested & Approved

Watch the making of our D-Series after we hit a record number in production, right here in Arizona!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hVo7aSIPOo

Dually or D2? The difference is what's inside:

The Dually uses our Hybrid Optics System in a 4-LED configuration which comes in either Spot or Flood options. It produces 1,568 lumens at only 15.8 watts and 1.1 amps. To put that in perspective, it uses less power than it takes to use your turn signal.

The D2 has 6 LED's that utilize our Specter Optics System, which comes in either Driving or Wide configurations. It produces 3,096 lumens and uses only 34.5 watts and 2.5 amps. The D2, with it's driving beam, produces the perfect combination of distance and width for lighting up the road or water in front of you.

Our new Hyperspot optics are also part of the Specter family and produce 1760 RAW lumens with a peak beam intensity of 93000 cd. The highest intensity per watt or square inch on the market as well as Maximum Distance!

Why Rigid:

So what are you, or did you start with?
The Dually or the D2?

Share the photos of your D-Series with us!

Last edited:

thethePete

Explorer
Replaced my factory fogs with a set of Duallys in flood with amber covers. Pretty satisfied with the over all light output, and they look great in the location I have them.

Question, what is the difference in the Dually HD line between the black and yellow trim. Was never able to get a solid answer in my research.

toxicity_27

Adventurer
Love my D2s in driving! Going to be mounting them on the A-pillar. Had them on the front bumper on my old JK. When I would turn on the brights from the Truck-Lites you couldn't even tell the Truck-Lites were on the D2s are so bright!

SLAYERMIKE

I love my Duallys, they turn night into day on the trail and around camp.
My 2 diffused and single spot were my gateway to more Dually's and a SR 30 combo...

Went from this.

0a9c122f-0872-413b-be09-9c06d1827fc9_zpsh6o5srjf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

To this, you guys even shared this shot on your facebook page!

2479097c-61e8-4e76-9853-6c6388869f2a_zpsp2dfgcrm.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

F40

Adventurer
My D2 Wides are probably the most disappointing thing I've ever spent $400 on. I couldn't give them away, so they will likely end up as expensive reverse lights.

Is there any way to get my hands on the driving optics so I can make these useful?

RigidIndustries

We love all the photos! Thank you for sharing!

F40, never something we like to hear!
It sounds like you might have picked up the wrong beam pattern for what you're intending.
Here is a simple Lux Graph showing how each optic spreads. The Driving Optic you're talking about has a little more distance and a slightly narrower spread when compare to the Wide you have now.

Aerial_View_Lux_All-01.png

Give us a call, 855-760-5337, and see if there is anything we can do for you though.

F40

Adventurer
They're more of a blob of light, that throws high, than anything else.
DD7A8C4B-483D-498E-AEFD-6E019B397968_zpsng0mth06.jpg

The 20" E2 Driving light mounted inboard of the D2 wides throws light much wider.
FABEC6C7-8DF7-4F6A-9809-3FDDD785D4A4_zps9gp4mqew.jpg

Last edited:

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I love my Duallys, they turn night into day on the trail and around camp.
My 2 diffused and single spot were my gateway to more Dually's and a SR 30 combo...

Went from this.

0a9c122f-0872-413b-be09-9c06d1827fc9_zpsh6o5srjf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

To this, you guys even shared this shot on your facebook page!

2479097c-61e8-4e76-9853-6c6388869f2a_zpsp2dfgcrm.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DO you have green filters on your lights?

kojackJKU

F40, why not aim the two wides to the edge of the e2 beam? That way, you will get a much wider spread of light. adjust the wides beam edge, to the edge of the 20" beam. You will like that setup more than having them all just pointed straight ahead.

thethePete

Explorer
^ Agreed. I'd have the floods pointed as ditch finders and the E2 downrange for distance, but I too come from moose country.

F40

Adventurer
F40, why not aim the two wides to the edge of the e2 beam? That way, you will get a much wider spread of light. adjust the wides beam edge, to the edge of the 20" beam. You will like that setup more than having them all just pointed straight ahead.

There are times when the E2 is overkill. The D2's were more for slower shelf roads with possible washouts, and the E2 can be annoying for whoever is ahead of me.

kojackJKU

There are times when the E2 is overkill. The D2's were more for slower shelf roads with possible washouts, and the E2 can be annoying for whoever is ahead of me.

Gotcha, yeah the driving beams would be better than the wides. I would put a set of driving beam D2s for the pillars and go then with the wides down front.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles