2015 Overland Expo West-- Buy, Sell, Barter, and Free Thread

Will we be starting a buy sell trade thread for the expo? Obviously we cannot set up as vendors but, can we meet to barter and sell some personal goods?

I for one would like to sell/trade for many of those older USGS Maps I have. I also have some extra scepter cans for water too. Who knows, I might even sell the tortoise. There will always be things I'm looking for, like a compressor system and I know some of y'all have things you'd rather part with to fellow adventurists...so feel free to post up anything so we can git to trading!

kai38

Explorer
Good idea
I have 3 M416 rims $50.00 each OBO Reduced to $30.00 each
00C0C_dF9cPGwE8EN_600x450.jpg

M416 Landing leg $80.00
Reduced to $60.00 SOLD!!!
landing%20leg%202.jpg

[B]I would like to sell & be paid before expo so I don't have to carry them around afterwards if they don't sell there[/B]

INVICTA Reserve watch - $100
00x0x_1BzgONnuvSX_600x450.jpg

Last edited:

kai38

Explorer
I asked her a few years ago when the event was down in Amado AZ, she didn't have a problem with it but it never got off the ground.

I think they're gonna be a little more organized and restrictive about the back 40 camping areas. Where could they do it without it looking like a garage sale?

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I think it would be more fun to just have folks set things out in their campsite, thus encourage people to move around the camp area and check out cool rigs.
The problem with a set area is then you have to have shade, sit there and watch your stuff and miss out on classes and presentations.
Keep it at each persons camp and it has a more organic feel.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
There is enough room. Basically we're all encamped on a seasonally dry lakebed which is very large indeed.

Oh I know... I was being silly... I was there in 2012 good times!! I should have added on the last comment.....

"spoken in a British accent"

"Is that going to be the dodgy end past the red light district where the gypsy encampment is?" Lol.

I'm gonna offer up my M416 trailer for sale. Check out my build thread. Although some changes have been made. Like I removed the RTT and the rack, I also removed the two batteries and the solar charger, the shower and water tank.

It still has the mount for the solar panel, brand new spare tire on rim, internal lift struts for the lid, new springs, bearings, races and seals, shocks, and the 30amp shore charger As well as the two rear jerry cans with mounts, it also now has brand new 60" Yakima Tracks, plus I can include the non spinning Pintle hitch. $4,500. OBO. Cash ONLY

I had $6,500 in it. I can bring it to the Expo in May.

I have another spinning Pintle hitch on a trailer hitch adapter mount for $250.
Kayak and Yakima racks not included in price.
Check out my trailer build in my signature.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    562 KB · Views: 204
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    588 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
This is a great idea!
I like the proposal that you just put it out in your own campsite, thus encouraging wandering and mingling. I will be there, and looking...!
Just a note - I think that the last season ('...seasonally dry lake bed...") that there was water that high was 1921 or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste