Land Rover discovery

T.J.

Once you get them sorted they're great. I imagine Jwest has done this and now has much more than $5K in it.

da10A

Adventurer
I completely fell head over heels in 1996 when I first laid my eyes on a D1.

By the time I was ready to buy in 2006, D1s were too old for my taste so I went ahead and found a low mileage 2000 D2 with all maintenance records. It ended up being the dream that should have stayed a dream. After $9Gs in 4 years (and except for the head gasket, I did all the work myself), I ended up getting rid of it. That D2 ownership is the unfortunate reason why I will never own a Land Rover again. Otherwise, instead of going back to jeeps, I would most likely be driving an LR4.

Keep in mind that the Discovery name had such a bad reliability reputation because of the D2, that they had to get rid of that name in North America to be able to sell the LR3.... That right there says it all!!! I would definitely go D1 over D2, hands down!

Last edited:

da10A

Adventurer
And here it was in all its glory.... The vehicle that I loved the most driving, but hated the most by far owning!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1429309309963.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1429309309963.jpg
    525.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

da10A

Adventurer
Well, I know you are new to Discoveries, but my D2 was part of a handfull that were custom ordered in the original Land Rover color which is called Coniston green. That color was not available on any year D2 99-2004. If it is that exact color, you got an extremely rare one right there. But I would still run my friend, run :)

Redman333

Adventurer
Well, I know you are new to Discoveries, but my D2 was part of a handfull that were custom ordered in the original Land Rover color which is called Coniston green. That color was not available on any year D2 99-2004. If it is that exact color, you got an extremely rare one right there. But I would still run my friend, run :)

Well too late. I bought it.

Redman333

Adventurer
makes me miss my disco 2... good find!

Thanks. It was a Land Rover dealer service managers vehicle. Had it serviced regularly and has the records for it. Also he said they pulled the engine 10k miles ago to reseal it. Still has a couple issues like the front sunroof doesn't open and the head liner is coming down but nothing I can't handle.

da10A

Adventurer
Excellent, good for you. That is not coniston green however, but I would have been very surprised if it was.... Sunroof and headliners are problems that I heard a lot about, but never had them myself. Enjoy your new ride(b)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94