ABS Issues

EricG

Explorer
I replaced the abs ecu and did the shuttle valve replacement. At 11 mph the traction control light comes on and the system engages almost like the hill decent is on. It engages until the speed drops. It did this the last 2 times I've had the codes reset and I just unplug the abs pump. Last time codes were read I got
Shuttle valve
Ecu ground
Rt front sensor output to low
Rear left sensor output to low
Rear right control valve short to internal supply
Rear left sensor out put intermittent
Front left sensor output intermittent
I figured some were piggybacking off the ecu ground but the ecu has been replaced and same thing. The abs pump is engaging but not correctly.
I did not do the retire on the shuttle valve
This all started when I replaced a wheel sensor about 4 years ago.
So would this be a wiring issue or a bad pump.?

Thanks

thospb

Observer
I would look at the live data and the Freeze Frame data from the event. Yes, this means using a Land Rover specific computer link. I use a Hawkeye but there are others. Do some searching for local clubs or technicians that might be willing to help. With that many codes at the same time I would suspect a poor ground connection.

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
I bought a good unit off of Amazon.

It reads ABS codes on all European Vehicles. It works great on my D2, it'll read the ABS and SRS stuff just fine.

I would get one, use it to clear the codes. Then drive it around and see what pop's up again. First time I had ABS codes, I had a dirty plug. Second time was both rear ABS sensors going out after i put my ARB air locker in. I put new sensors in, cleared the codes and all is fine.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0091DJWV0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

EricG

Explorer
I've been talking to a guy that's a tech at a local dealership, not Rover, told him what it was doing and he gave me some ideas.

As far as a bad ground hows the best way to fix that could I just run a new ground off the ECU? since that's showing in my codes?

Im going to jack it up and check wheel bearings first to see if any play and then move onto the sensors next.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke